009

- Jay's POV

It's now 7pm and I'm getting ready to pick up Rina. I put on my outfit that I've been planning for at least a week prior, just in case if I would end up going somewhere with Rina, somewhere other than the library.

I hop on my bike with all the things I need and head to Rina's house.

I arrive and rest my bike on the wall and then knock on the door.

"Jay!"

Rina exclaims as she opens the door, pulling me into a tight hug. I hug her back, resting my head on hers.

We start walking to the sushi restaurant, which takes us about 15 minutes. Life feel like a dream in this moment.

- Ni-ki's POV

I arrive at the library and take a quick peek around. Rina is nowhere to be seen, and nor is Jay. I get filled with disappointment as I sit down at Rina and Jay's usual table with the one rose that I picked from the school garden.

"Where is she?"

I murmur to myself.

I rest my head on my bag, using it as a pillow. I plan to wait here for a couple minutes to see if they would show up. Without realizing it, I slowly drift asleep.

An hour later, I wake up to see someone staring at me, brushing my hair out of my face. Was it Rina? Is she here?

Nope, it's that crazy bitch, Yuna. I open my eyes all the way and throw my bag at her. I see my rose fall out of my bag, but I don't go to pick it up.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

I say to Yuna in disgust.

"Oh, I was just going to study and I happened to see you here. I see that you have a pretty rose here. Would you mind if I took it?"

She grabs the rose with two fingers and accidentally pokes herself with one of the thorns. Serves her right, BITCHHH.

"Give that back, it's not meant for you!"

I say, taking the rose from her.

"Were you perhaps.. going to give it to Rina? But she's not here, is she? How sad for our Ni-ki."

She says in a baby voice.

Wait, if Rina's not here.. does that mean that she- No, it can't be! But what if she actually did it?

I think, running my hands through my hair.

"Don't tell me you did something to her..."

I say, growing more and more angry.

"I didn't do anything! She's on a date with Jay. I saw them walking to the local sushi restaurant together."

Yuna says calmly.

I let out a sigh of relief. I'm glad she's okay. But wait- she's on a DATE? With JAY? You've got to be kidding me.

I stand up and take my bag to leave. I'm gonna invite Jungwon to go to that sushi restaurant with me right now.

I call Jungwon as I begin walking to the restaurant. He answers right away.

"Ni-ki! What's up?"

"Are you able to come to the sushi place right now?"

"Yeah I am, why?"

"Because I heard that Rina is on a date with Jay there."

"Oh, okay...? I'll be on my way. Be there in 10."

"Thanks, bro. Bye!"

I hang up. I'm panting from so much speed walking. But at least I'm finally here.

I walk in and get a table where Rina and Jay are in view. I'm in a spot where Rina has her back turned to me and Jay is facing in my direction.

Jungwon arrives and sits down across from me.

"So you weren't lying. Who told you they were here?"

Jungwon says.

"It was that girl, Yuna. I'm pretty sure she was stalking me at the library or something."

"Oh, that girl? You should never trust what she says."

"I know, but if it's about Rina and Jay going on a date, I can't help but feel the need to check it out."

I say, sighing.

"Don't worry, Ni-ki. I get it. If I heard that my crush was on a date with someone that I knew, I would be curious about it, too."

"I'm not just curious about it, I'm kind of.. angry? Jealous? Sad?"

"Well, I'm sure they're just having dinner together as best friends. Nothing more."

Jungwon tries reassuring me.

"But Jay likes Rina. Who knows? He could've asked her out."

"Calm down, Ni-ki. Let's order some food, okay? I'm getting hungry."

"Yeah, me too."

I say with a small grin.

I keep looking at Rina and Jay. It's become a subconscious thing that I do now. Maybe I should ask her out soon.