Bonding time!

So I ultimately decided that rengoku and dabi were going to have to learn how to read English if they were going to live here.

But the thing is. I had no idea where to start.

So I did what most people do when they have no idea how to do something. Go on YouTube and search up how.

There were actually a lot of good tips

I decided to ask them which I thought they say yes to.

Rengoku was completely on board and agreed it's probably the best thing to do.

Dabi not so much.

"That sounds like so much work."

"Oh come on. It's not like your doing anything."

"I'm doing something."

"What? Being lazy."

"Exactly."

I sighed

"Fine. But if you change your mind. We'll be in the living room."

{in the living room}

"Okay rengoku. You ready? It might take awhile since it's normally harder to learn a new skill when your older."

"Don't worry lexa! I will do my best and try to learn how to read your language!"

I giggled and started by teaching him the alphabet.
He got the hang of the letters fine.

He was honestly learning and grasping the concept better than I thought he would.

After he got the hang of sounding out words and spelling

I got some Simple books which pictures so he could get a better understanding how words.

I read them with him and when he couldn't figure out what word meant I would carefully
Explain it to him and how it could work with Other words.

"Okay I think that's enough for one day."

"What?! But I still don't understand everything!"

"That alright. I wanna take this slow. I don't want to just cram a new language into your head. I also don't want you to get overwhelmed. Also we can take our time, we have a lot of time to work on this."

"If you say so. What shall we do now?"

"Do you wanna learn how to play video games?"

{a few minutes later}

"Oh! I placed a square!"

"Yup and you can make anything you want. But it might take some time. If you want I can play with you."

"Can you?"

"Yup it goes up to four players locally."

Lexa got a remote and joined the game.

"Oh this will be so much more fun!"

Then rengoku accidentally hit lexa even thought he and lexa both were in creative mode.

"Oh no! I'm sorry!"

"It's okay. Your just learning the controls.

"What you two doing?"