I didn't really know the dynamics of Jema and Jonathan's relationship. From the few words said about him over the past month I had learned that he was a workaholic before he passed. From what Jema had told me the man drowned out the world around him to find a solution to this ongoing war.

"How so?" I ask while sipping down some of my tea. I didn't mean to press her but I was curious about them.

"The last two years before Jonathan passed we argued a lot. I felt like he cared about work more than me and his own child. Juko absolutely adored his father and it broke my heart when I saw how disappointed he was when he father would reject the idea of spending time with him. Looking back on it now I should've been more appreciative with what but that didn't mean I was perfect. We all have flaws we just have to own it. Jonathan was failing to see that his family needed him. He chose work over everything... over us, his own flesh and blood."

He reminded me of Juko, ever since we've been living together I had hardly seen Juko. And when I often did he was working. He worked a lot, so much that sometimes I felt like I had married a ghost. It made me feel lonely. Even though I did have the company of Uri to keep me distracted throughout the day it just wasn't enough. The life that I was currently living was not what I had envisioned when I married Juko and it hurt.

"Juko sounds a lot like his father, work wise." I chuckle sadly.

Jema placed a delicate hand on my shoulder and gently squeezed. "I'm sure he means well, just try to be supportive and talk to him about your needs. Communication is key for a long lasting marriage without it your union is bound to go up in ashes."

She was right me and Juko's communication wasn't the best.

"Thank you for the advice Jema." I smiled softly.

"You're welcome sweetheart."

"Mama look what I caught!" Summer beamed as she raced towards us with her net in hand. "It's a cabbage white butterfly!" The little girl said as she lifted her hand presenting me and her mother with a beautiful white and brown butterfly. I could now see why the little girl was obsessed. These insects came in all shapes and sizes and were truly beautiful.

"It's beautiful Summer, are you planning to take this one home?"

She frowned and shook her head, I can't it's a rare breed and I don't want it to die. The butterflies in my room keep dying." She pouts.

Jema stifles a laugh, " oh baby, that's because you keep forgetting to feed them. They deserve to be in the wild it is their home after all." She muses.

"I know but they are my best friends but I'll let them go anyways." Summer sigh sadly as she released the butterfly back into the wild.

"That's good honey, now why don't you inside and wash your hands. Have one of the cooks cut you a piece of cake. Just don't tell daddy ok."

"Ok." The little girl giggled before skipping inside the castle.

"She's so sweet I've never met a little girl like her before. Most kids her age can be quite mean." I say once Summer is out of earshot.

"That's true, but unfortunately she's having a hard time making friends. Seems like the kids these days are becoming meaner and meaner."

"That is true." I nod. I couldn't recount the times I had been bullied when my sister wasn't around. Most of them were Rose's friends and they had only done it when she wasn't around. It sucked but like most things in my life I simply got over it.

"So are you and Juko going to the ball?" Jema asks with a slight glint in her eyes. This was the second time I had been asked this question and I was still unsure. I had left the invitation in Juko's office but I was unsure if he wanted to go himself. He never got back to me on it.