𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

***

Y/N'S POV

"Y/n don't be late on your first day" I picked up my spoon and plopped it into my empty bowl. "I won't, Conan's coming so we can walk together" I placed the bowl in the sink, grabbing my water bottle and filling it up in the fridge. "You know how I feel about that boy y/n...don't get too close this year" she scoffed. "Mom i promises he is a good person, he's so sweet...you're a bit judgmental" I let out a little laugh.

"Alright...well go ahead and get going" "kicking me out already?" I joked. "Yes, now go...your friends outside" she gave me a small side hug before I made my way out the door. Conan flashing me a small smile.

"You Ready for our second year of Highschool?" my best friend asked excitedly. I've known Conan since i moved here, basically the first person I met when I moved. When we first met I connected with Ashley a lot better. But since he was always with her I warmed up to him pretty quickly. He's 16, has the fluffiest brown hair and the most gorgeous brown eyes. You know how there's boys who are pretty and boys who are handsome? Conan is the Definition of a pretty boy.

His smile is super adorable and he is also amazingly talented, he is just an overall amazing person who I really admire and love. He gives me a warm sensation when I'm around him, he makes me feel secure.

"I guess, I'm nervous though" I held the strap of my tote bag tightly. "Why are you scared? We've been going to the same school for all of Highschool, plus you have me!" He winked, a little smirk on his face. "I suppose you're right, anyways..where's ash?" We walked down the concrete sidewalk. Light marks of chalk from children drawing all over it and the people who step on it.

"She said she had to go in early since her schedule wasn't how she wanted it" he let out a little laugh. "Well she always wants things her way" I shrugged, moving the hair out of my face. "I like your shoes by the way" he pointed at my platform converse. "Thank you! They make me taller" I stood up straight, almost reaching Conan's height.

"You're still smaller than me" he looked over. "Yea I'm so small and tiny and short" I teased, rolling my eyes. "You kinda are in a way" he said with a laugh. "Yea right" I scoffed, a small laugh following after.

"I'm glad we have at least a couple classes together, if we didn't have any I think I'd die" "agree, and we have the same lunch!" We were only a block away from school now, spotting kids on their bikes and Skateboards. There was a lot of kids in our school since it was the only high school in town, stupid old GorgeTown Texas, basically hell for dreamers like me and Conan.

"Should we go to our lockers first? After we meet up with ash obviously" he nodded in agreement, walking us to the office. "Ugh finally!" Ash came up to us with a big hug. "How are my two love birds? Missing Summer Break?" She bit her lip with a smirk "Ash!" I slightly scolded her, me and Conan would never date, but she secretly knows I have maybe a tiny crush on him?
But it's nothing crazy. Just a little innocent crush, nothing more and nothing less. I couldn't actually imagine Conan and I going anywhere, I wouldn't wanna mess anything up.

"Sorry! And answer my question." She pulled apart,walking through the crowded hallways of the school. "Yes, today we mourn the death of Summer Break!" Conan joked, all of us lining up as we opened our lockers, getting out the needed supply's for our first period. "what's your first period?" Ashley asked, "Current events" me and Conan said in sync. "Shit, i have biology" she groaned.

"With Miss Bird?" I asked and she nodded. "Shes a bitch, good luck with her" Conan chuckled. "Yea okay thanks, I'll see y'all 3rd period" she walked away from us, me and Conan now alone. "I'm so tired, I got no sleep" Conan groaned.

"You always get your sleep, what happened?" We walked into the classroom, sitting next to each other in the back like always. "I stayed up because I needed to plan my amazing outfit" He said in a "duh" kinda tone. "Conan you look the same" I laughed, the classroom slowly filling up with kids. "I don't look the same! I had a pretty good glow up in the summer" he sassed, the teacher coming into the room.

"Alright guys, my names Mr. Jackson, this year just do what you want and do your assignments" he sat in his chair, the bell ringing shortly after. "Well he surely hates his job" Conan whispered to me, I nodded my head. All teachers hate their job to be honest.

Mr. Jackson handed out some papers...a crossword puzzle? "Well he got lazy" Conan mumbled. "Easy points, wanna work on it together?" I nodded and scooted my desk closer to his. "How was your dads? You haven't talked anything about it" "well it was boring so there's no much to talk about" I shrugged. "You didn't do not one fun thing for those two full weeks? He asked, "nope! Just missing you and ash the whole time" I teased before he went silent. "You okay...?" I asked, slightly concerned at the sudden change of his mood. My pen gliding over he paper, finding and filling in each word in the puzzle.

"I've been thinking about what Ashley said" i was confused..what did ash say? "Huh? What'd she say?" I questioned, continuing the puzzle below me. "About us...being love birds or whatever" I froze up, does he know? "Yea...what about it? if she said anything she was probably playing aro-" I played dumb, hoping to save my embarrassment for a later time before Conan cut my sentence short. "Well to be honest...j think I do like you y/n..."

My voice went quiet...eyes looking down and now chipping the black nail polish off my fingers. "Conan...I like you too" his expression turned into a light smile. "But don't you think we're a little young to be dating?" I asked and he shrugged. "I guess..." the air was filled with an awkward silence between us. "But we could take it slow...see how it goes from there and then make it official when we're older? If we still feel the same towards each other?" I suggested. If I'm being honest I don't wanna wait till we're older...I'm just scared of losing someone I truly love over a failed Highschool relationship...

"Right..." he gave a small smile, I sensed this tension in the air, uncomfortable and awkward. Something that I'd never experienced around Conan...till now, little did I know this was only the start of this uncomfortable feeling.

"They say, first cut is the deepest it all, happens for a reason so just...hold on hold on, I'm still fall, still falling"

A/n:
And that wraps up the first chapter of
"I used to think I could fly" :) reminder that this is a flashback chapter ☝️😍

𝘐 𝘜𝘚𝘌𝘋 𝘛𝘖 𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘒 𝘐 𝘊𝘖𝘜𝘓𝘋 𝘍𝘓𝘠 (Conan Gray x Fem! Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें