Chapter 64 (Bonus 4)

Beginne am Anfang

But . . .

Nothing came?

[Uhm. H-Hiro?]

Currently freezing from his place, with his exempted auditory perception, Hiro's ears were already perked up listening to the tiny and hesitant voice blaring out through the phone's speakers.

Jin.

His head immediately turns to his servant, eyes oddly bright and surprised.

Shu flinched, frightened to death for a few seconds as his lips parts, at loss while staring back at his master.

In a blink of an eye, the phone was snatched away from his hand whilst the gun that was in Hiro's firm grip a few seconds ago was now thrown midair like it was worth nothing.

Using his perceptive reflexes without hesitation, Shu dives his body to the rough ground beneath him, his arms stretched forward to catch the handgun and as he successfully did, he breathed one long heavy sigh of relief, at ease that the risky method his psycho comrade, Zien, suggested had worked. That fucker. Even he can sense and feel the joyous tears of his team behind him, cheering that the rated operation with doubted low success rate had miraculously bent far more than they expected while the people who knelt on the ground though confused, can't help but burst into thankful tears.

'Eomma, I can still see you!'

'Jagiya, your man is still alive. Let's marry tomorrow!'

Unknowingly, they all felt that the heavens before them had finally decided to open their gates and showed them mercy they never deserved to have in the first place.

"You called . . . " whispers Hiro, almost forgetting to breathe for ten straight seconds in shock.

[I-I did?]

He turns away from everyone and a timid and soft smile paints across his lips.

[Wasn't it you who c-called? I answered your phone because it was ringing without rest.] Jin on the other hand was now lying on his bed and clutching a pillow close to his chest in anticipation as he held the phone tightly to his ear.

His heart hammered nervously inside his chest when he couldn't hear anything from the other line other than his ragged and raspy breath. A cold chill ran through his spine all the way down to his toes, stirring him alive.

He flushes in bright red that kept his face warm under the faint shade of silver moonlight from the window of his room when the heater had poorly done its work.

"Are you okay?" he asks to change the subject. Why does he seem out of breath? His firm brows frown in worry, "Breathe, Hiro."

[Tell me how.]

Jin bites his nails, bothered that he sounded sultry in his ears. Snap out of it! He's a patient! "Sit down and try breathing slowly." Where is he, anyway? It somehow sounded windy. Is he outside?

Hiro obediently slumps and squats on the ground from where he exactly stood without second thoughts, "Then?" he asks, his tail wagging behind him. His anger and frustration were momentarily forgotten, vanished, and were thrown into history.

[Try to relax and calm yourself down. I-Is it working?]

He looks down at his now tamed hands, feeling giddy of the fluttering sensation continuously poking him inside his chest as he tries to restrain his smile from growing, "It is." Somehow, it always does.

Meanwhile, Shu clears his throat towards the section chief and his section's scout who had their crying eyes bawling out from the saved disregarded weapon their master threw to the bewildering sight before them. He, too, was stopping himself from staring and feeling alienated by this phenomenon.

It was as if the universe was finally showing signs that the world's end is soon to come.

Y-Young master . . . since when?

[Are you fine now?]

Hiro shuts his eyes close and the weather around him seems to calm and turn warm despite the cold night, "Yes." Unbelievably, the darkness looming over his thoughts slowly disperses, bit by bit, and he was now wrapped with extreme comfort he never felt before.

He clears his throat, his expression briefly turns stern cold as he looks behind him and waves his hand at everyone, dismissing them.

Without hesitation and daring not to say another word, his grandfather's men all rustle and ran their feet towards the exit, miraculously breathing alive without a limb missing, leaving Shu astonished on his way back.

"Why aren't you sleeping, yet?"

[I was studying for the exams and suddenly doze off, but then your phone woke me up.]

[Thank you.]

Hiro thoroughly brushes his hand to his hair and stops, clenching a few of his healthy strands in between his fingers as he listens to his soothing voice on the phone, foolishly smiling on his own.

[Have you been resting?]

He stiffens and his smile dropped, feeling uneasy and guilty, "I couldn't . . . " He mutters calmly, aware that he somehow sounded stiff.

A pitiful frown emerges from his lips which he badly wanted and intended to show him to gain sympathy, but that was not possible at the moment.

Just a week more before he'll see him . . .

He sighs. Just keep talking . . . please.

[What? But I thought you promised?]

One week . . . 7 days.

168 hours.

10,080 minutes.

604,800 seconds.

"..." His expression turns sour and felt that the world was against him.

140,000 breaths . . .

1,090—

[Hiro—]

"I want to see you." This isn't getting any better.

Jin softly laughs from the phone, dangerously close to his already burning ear, and Hiro succumbs to the merry and unfamiliar emotion filling and stuffing his chest full--already overflowing.

Jin-ah . . .

[I . . .]

Jin covers his burning face with the pillow in his grip, lost for words as his heart cringes yet hammers erratically inside his chest. He peeks by the window, staring at the serene city of Hongwon, "I missed you too." He unknowingly whispers to the phone.

[. . .]

Silence, there was only silence. Crap . . . Panicked and embarrassed, Jin hurriedly rises from his bed and looks anxiously at the phone's screen in his hand. Seeing that the call was still ongoing his shaking thumb accidentally presses against the end button, ending their call. He blinks.

Ah . . .

He screamed, downright horrified from his clumsiness.

Double crap!

Author's Note:

FOR MORE chapters to read read my story on Webnovel.

I upload new chapters there first, three days in advance before I'll post it here. Hehehe.

I also often upload chapter there daily. (^-^) V

BOOK TITLE:

Captivated (BL)

MY ACCOUNT:

Daniel_BlakeZD