I Luv U

My parents always trusted me to babysit my younger brother, Nick, while they were out for dinner parties and "romantic" dates.

My brother was currently in the bathroom, brushing his teeth. He always closed the door when he was in the bathroom, so I only heard the bathroom faucet running.

It had been about five minutes already and I wanted to brush my teeth, too. Scowling, I knocked on the door. "Hello? Nick! Get out of the bathroom! It's my turn to use it!" I shouted.

"Shut up!" he replied in a whine. "I'm not finished yet!"

I rolled my eyes. "It should take three minutes at the most and it has been what-ten?"

Sighing, I walked away, stumbling my way into my bedroom. When I stepped inside, I heard a crunch. I frowned. There was candy all over the floor, those Valentine's Day heart candies that say stupid things like "I Luv U" on it.

I didn't ever bring candy into my room, so why was there some inside my bedroom?

"NICK!!! Were you inside my room?" I yelled.

There wasn't an answer.

I stormed out of my room, started towards the bathroom again. It was wide open, the lights turned out. I flicked on the light switch, noticing more heart candies scattered on the floor. "Nick?" I demanded. "Where are you?"

I heard a giggle. I groaned in irritation. Nick was trying to prank me, wasn't he?

I walked towards the source of the laugh, Nick's bedroom. Heart candies were scattered everywhere. Especially in front of his closet.

I slid open the closet door, letting out a strangled sob. Nick's body was being hanged by a leather belt from the ceiling, tightly wrapped around his throat. His eyes were scratched out and bloody, heart candies forced inside of their empty sockets. There were several cuts along his arms and legs, heart candies shoved inside. His throat had been slitted, more hearts filled inside. Blood formed in a large pool under his limp body.

I stepped back, wanting to shriek. Why the hell did this happen to my little innocent baby brother?

I winced in pain as I stepped on a toy. It was a small clown toy holding a jack in the box. It began to play "Pop goes the Weasel." I kicked at it, angrily, sending it flying into the wall.

I swiped out my phone, called my mother, panicked. "Mommy?" I cried. "Help me! Please, come home! Nick.... Nick, he's-"

I heard a low familiar tune begin to play, near the bedroom. A deep voice began to sing, "Round and round the forest at night...."

"What is it, dear?" my mother's concerned voice asked.

"Mom! Please j-just come home!" I wailed.

"...The Killer chased the child...." The voice was closer than before.

"Honey, what's wrong?"

"...The Killer thought it was so much fun...." The voice sounded so close.

"Mom, call the police! Help me, come home, just come home! Please, hurry, help me!!!" I screeched, tears streaming down my cheeks. My voice was trembling, my body shivering with each word.

"Okay, don't worry, sweetie, we'll be right there!" my mother insisted. "We'll be there soon. I promise."

I was so scared that I couldn't reply. I dropped the phone from my hands. I was shaking badly, sobbing my heart out.

Then I felt someone breathing on the back of my neck. In a taunting whisper, a voice sang, cheerfully, "Pop, goes the weasel!"