«Çhåptër 8»

The Afton's secrets*

»Me and Mike flinch at the crash. We both looked at each other with a 'The hell was that?!' look. We got off his bed and ran out to the top of the stairs to see what was going on. We saw Clara looking scared and mad at the same time while William was angry like really angry. By Clara was a broken beer bottle, which was probably what was the crash noise. I looked down to Mike, who looked terrified but also like this happens often. I grabbed onto Mike's shoulder and pulled into a small hug. He took it and buried his face into my side.

"What the hell, William?! The kids are upstairs, want them to hear this bullshit?!" Clara yelled, angered by Williams actions.

William ran his hand through his hair, angered. "Since when have you cared about the kids? Last time I checked you were out sleeping with god knows who!" he yelled pointing his finger at Clara.

Henry was behind William trying to calm him down while Emilie was by Clara, comforting her. Clara had a look on her face like she was defeated. I was waiting for her to say something, but she never defended herself. 'Shes been cheating?! While she has kids to take care of? No wonder William wants to divorce her, and Mike doesn't call her mom.' I thought to myself, feeling bad for the Afton kids.

Finally, Clara said something. "You can't say shit, you probably have been screwing that new employee we have over." she said looking at the floor.

William gritted his teeth, and I was shocked that she would even say some jackshit like that. "Clara, why in hell would I cheat or be with anyone else. Plus, I think about something you don't, about the kids." He hissed. 

Clara still kept looking at the ground and flinched. She knew she couldn't defend herself. "I'm going out." she mumbled and went to grab her stuff.

"Go do that. But just know this is getting you closer and closer to a divorce." William said, balling his hands into fists and walking to the couch. 

"So be it, William Afton." Clara snapped and walked out of the house, slamming the door. I felt weight be released from my side and heard someone running. I looked over to see Mike running to his room, sniffling.

I ran after him and entered his room. He was laying on his bed, head in his pillows and crying. I walked over to him and sat on his bed, softly. I put my hand on his back and he looked up at me with red, puffy eyes. He got on his knees and wrapped his arms around my waist and just cried. I played with his hair and shushed him calmly.

"Shh, it's ok bud. It's ok." I said, softly. He just continued to sob and hug me. I didn't mind, he needed it. I didn't push him to tell me anything but I could guess it had something to do with the fight. 

Once he was calmed down a bit he spoke up. "I hate seeing them fight..." he sniffed. "I wish mother could be more present in life and a bit of father too. I wish they could just be happy. I wish we could be happy." He added. 

That hit me hard. I knew where he was coming from. 3 years before my father left me and my mother, they would fight a lot and my father would sometimes come back drunk. It was even harder when he left. My mother having to deal with a toddler and a teen who was growing attitude. Not to mention her job that didn't pay that good. She couldn't keep up, so we had to go live with my grandparents. Now, my father is in no longer in me nor my brothers life and probably won't ever be. 

I rubbed Mike's back to help him. "Hey, it's ok bud. Just know I'm always here for you anytime. I will drop anything anytime to help you." I smiled down at him. He gave me a weak smile in return. I continued to rub his back and he just kept close to me, practically gluing onto me.