9

~~~~~~~

It saddened you, having to give out the bouquet of cherry blossoms to the winner of the poem competition, as they were your favourite flowers which  smelled divine. Your disappointed self walked down the stage, as an applause was heard. None of the writers sounded like the anonymous writer, leaving you on another dead end. Meanwhile a guilt washed Armin stared at you from the judges table. His mind stil fixed on the letter he had read, it made him loose all hope on his writer self chances with you. "she would hate me more if she found out" he thought to himself, also quite a bit distracted.

"Armin there you are, now that the boring ass competition is done, we could finally get something to eat" You stated cheerfully as you spotted him walking away from the judges table.

"yes I admit it was a bit boring" he responded back with a little more confidence than usual. With this you grabbed his hand and his cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

"CONNIE!!" You screamed approaching the pie stall.

"Hi Y/n"

"Any extra pieces for me and my friend over here?"

"I would but we are having some difficulties in the kitchen" Connie said, dusting his hands on his stained apron.

"let me guess Sasha ate nearly everything"

"HEY IT WASN'T ME" Sasha exclaimed coming out of nowhere.

"then who was it?, don't say your mom " you questioned and threatened at the same time.

"Annie and we might have broken two or more resources but still"

"gosh, remind me again why Historia thought it was a good idea putting you two in control" you face palmed

"hey judge all you want I say we've done pretty good job, we certainly had more fun than you guys, I heard the poem thing was boring." Sasha said

"why don't you stop chit chatting and grab the last piece of pie I  left inside, Sasha you can go with her" Annie said coming out of the trailer, with a messy face. At this, you out your hands up in glee, letting go of Armin's hands and followed Sasha inside.

"so are you her new boyfriend?"
Annie began to interrogate Armin just as you left.

"What"

"oh come one we all saw that huge blush on your face" Connie joined in, with a grin on his face.

"It's not like that"

"okay just letting you know, she likes them confident" Annie eyed the blonde boy up and down. In a second you arrived with the pie and caught Armin by the arm, waving goodbye to your friends.

"sorry about them, they could be a bit weird sometimes"

The male hummed in response and thought back what Annie said, "confidence" something he lacked. This bothered him, not fitting your standards. After a few minutes of running, you stopped at a lake, with a little bench Infront of it.

"we better eat it fast, before it gets cold" you said unwrapping the metal forks you were giving. His eyes wandered a bit from you and he turned to the back. Using your fork, you grabbed a piece and held it infront of him, just as he turned s little u shoved it into his face.

"OH MY GOSH IM SORRY I WAS AIMING FOR YOUR MOUTH"

Unexpectedly he laughed, you then took a paper napkin and cleaned his face. A little bit of icing was left on his nose, pausing, you grabbed your phone and took a picture of his red face.

"can I save it?"

"it's fine" a all smiley Armin responded.

You saved it and dropped ur phone down. Sharing the small pie, the both of you chatted for a while.

"who's joe?"

"JOE MAMA" you exclaimed

"what"

You laughed at his clueless reaction, nearly falling down

"you remind me of someone" You continued, a bit sad.

"are you okay?"

"yeah it's just a friend I think I upset" You replied, looking back at the online personal you recently stopped chatting with.

"Oh then I'm sorry, I think you are an amazing friend. Whatever you did. I'm sure this friend will forgive you, I don't think anyone would genuinely want to loose you, would they?"

"I don't think so. Thank you Armin for everything"
His words suddenly felt similar to those of your admirer, your stomach filled with butterflies at his last words.

"what the fuck" you thought to yourself.

"We should get going, the festival is about to end."

........

An exhausted you lied on your bed, looking back at your conversation with Armin and they way he made you feel. You hoped to forget everything and sleep over it, but you couldn't deny, you had a great time with him. After a long shower, your doorbell rang, you had never planned for visitors so it was unexpected. You opened the door to see a box, in it was cake. A letter was placed right under it, your eyes widened at the writing on it.

  𖨆
   "Miss Me?"

- EREN YEAGER