Epilogue ~ Willow Tree

Willow

It's my wedding day. And my dad is not here. I'm freaking out because I have to be out there in fifteen minutes. He had an online meeting with his hockey players and told me he would be cutting it close.

Of course, I know that if he could, he would not attend the meeting, but this meeting predicted the rest of his hockey career.

Mom keeps reassuring me that he is going to be here and she wont let me go on without him. I'm sitting in the bridal suite. Mayella, and Rory are my bridesmaids and they are helping me get into my dress.

After me and Maddox got together the night I came back, He asked me to be his girlfriend and then proposed 10 months later. I took him to Minnesota to celebrate our engagement and when he asked me to be his girlfriend, it took him there for the first time.

I can say our families are getting along great. I mean Mayella and Reece are together now which is a dream come true. I wanted to wait for them to get together to have the wedding.

Maddox asked Reece and Greyson to be his groomsman and one of his friends is his best man. I don't have a maid of honor since it almost killed me trying to pick between Rory and May.

"Your father should be here soon dear." Mom's voice calls me out of my thoughts.

I hope so.

🌿

Cole

This is the one time that I hate hockey more than anything. Why did this stupid meeting have to be today? For gosh sakes my first born is getting married and I'm cutting it real close to not making it in time.

I had to get ready before the meeting so that once it was over, I could get up and leave. But this meeting is going on for longer than it should and it's making me mad. I texted Abby telling her to not let Willow walk down the aisle till I get there.

"Mr. Carter?" The director of the hockey school league calls my name. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? We had to have this stupid meeting today and it's my daughter's wedding, who by the way will be walking down the aisle in 10 minutes! Don't ask me what is wrong and continue with the meeting so I can leave."

He shuts up quickly and goes back to the meeting trying to rush things. I look at my clock and see that I have seven minutes.

Screw it.

I close out of the meeting and rush out the door of the hotel and drive over to the ceremony. I break about 50 laws trying to get here in time and when I do, I walk straight to the bridal suite and knock on the door.

Abby opens it and kisses me, gesturing me to come inside. I spot Willow sitting on the bed with her arms folded. When did she grow up? I remember just yesterday, we found out we were pregnant with her.

All memories of her being little flash in my head and I damn near cry. I put my hand on her shoulder and she turns around and leaps into my arms.

"Dad." She sobs.

"I know Mini Peach, I'm here." I spot Mayella and Rory sitting as well, waiting for the music to start playing. I pick up Willow's hand and hold it gently.

"Let's get married huh?" She nods her head as we walk out.

🌿

Maddox

I'm crapping myself right now. Willow is about to walk down the aisle and I'm shaking. We managed to ask the school if we could have our ceremony by the willow tree and they happily said yes.

I'm standing right in front of the place that means the most to us. Aunt Maren, all my cousins are here. I look to see Willow's family and friends also here.

Abby comes down the aisle and takes a seat, giving me a thumbs up. Mayella and Reece come out first, they walk down the aisle arm in arm, both smiling.

If I know one thing, it was that it was an absolute miracle these two got together. I love both these kids so much and I can see this being them one day.

Rory and Greyson come next and Rory is bouncing up and down smiling as everyone in the crowd laughs.

I brace myself for the next person who is to walk down the aisle. To become my wife. The music starts playing and Willow and Cole come out from behind the wall and start walking towards us.

I put a hand in my beard, rubbing it as if it would stop the tears from coming out. It didn't. Willow smiles at me as she walks down. She looks gorgeous in her dress, it's so her.

They get up here and Cole hands her to me and kisses her cheek. I kiss her hand and we turn to the pastor.

🌿

Willow

"Do you, Willow Carter, Take Maddox Brown, to be your husband?"

"I do." My heart pounds in my chest as I say those words. Maddox smiles as he repeats those words.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife." Maddox doesn't hesitate to kiss me. The crowd screams as we walk down the aisle hand in hand. The smile on my face hurt my cheekbones.

"We're married!" I exclaim. Maddox kisses me once more as we hop into the car that is to take us to the reception.

"I have a gift for you." I say, "You will get it tonight after the party." Maddox nods, putting his hand on my thigh as we get driven to the reception.

We have a blast. I chat with everyone I know and it's not until mine and Maddox's first dance, that I want to tear up. He grabs my hand, leading me to the dance floor.

He wraps his arm around my waist as we sway back and forth. He tilts my chin up making me look at him. "I love you baby."

"I love you too sweetheart." I kiss his chest. The dance ends and eventually everyone joins in and we dance for the rest of the night.

🌿

Me and Maddox lay in bed at the hotel we are at. We got changed and everything and now we are just relaxing. "Oh shoot," I say, getting up, grabbing the present I have for him. I come back over to the bed and hand him the wrapped present.

He grins at me and opens it. My second book was placed in his hands. He looks over it and smiles. "Go to the dedication, in the front this time." He gives me a questioning look and opens the book.

"To my husband Maddox, you heard right, husband, I got lucky ladies, this book is dedicated to my husband. I can't wait for all the adventures that we will have. The characters in this book are similar to us, it's our story, from the very beginning, and it's called Willow Tree."

- Your wife, Willow Brown

"He closes the book and kisses me. I kiss him back with just as much passion. "I love you Willow Brown."

"I love you more Maddox, forever and ever, I guess that Willow Tree is more special now than ever huh?"

"I guess so baby." One last kiss to my lips as we cuddle our wedding night away.

THE END

Willow dress: