Chapter 10 ~ Babysitter

Maddox

Was it wrong for me to be excited? Maybe. Was it wrong for me to feel nervous and sick to my stomach? No.

I have absolutely nothing in mind for what Willow is going to make me do for her to agree to be my girlfriend for more than a week. I'm in honest amazement that she even said she agrees. I thought I was going to have to do something more.

Well, I might not want to speak too soon. She doesn't tell me what she wants from me right now. She drives off after telling me to move my car and so I'm also driving back to the complex right after her.

I see her park in her parking spot so I park close to hers. I get out and walk over to her, seeing her speed walk makes me think that she doesn't want me near.

"Well? What do you want me to do in order for you to agree?" I ask as she unlocks her door.

"You will find out soon." Then she closes her door and leaves me outside. I sigh and put my hands in my pockets and walk to my complex.

I know how selfish it was for me to ask her this, but I need her for this, no one else can do the trick. Even though she gets under my skin, she makes me want her even more and I can't help that.

If she wants me to prove to her that I'm sorry about what happened, then I will show her just how sorry I am for the rest of my life if I have to.

🌿

"Willow?" I call out, she turns around holding her books in one of her arms. I run down the hallway to get to her, I bump into a student on the way and apologize then meet up with her.

"Soooo?" I drag along hoping to get something out of her. "Do you really want to know now?" She asks and I nod with eagerness.

"If you want me to agree to be your fake girlfriend over break, you have to watch some kids I know tonight while me and my family go out."

"How old are these kids? And how do you just know random kids?" I ask with the most curiosity.

"They are eight, twins, they are family friends. My mothers best friends are kids, I like to call them my cousins but now that would be weird if my sister and their older brother get married." She looks off into the distance.

"Okay... So tonight? Your place?" She nods and without giving me another word, heads into class while I go the other way.

I smile at the thought that she is making me give her two favors out of this, but I don't care, because I would do anything she says.

🌿

I stand in front of Willow's door and knock. She opens in and I take in her outfit. She is wearing a nice long black jumpsuit with sparkles on it paired with white heels. She waves her hand in my face and I finally give her face a good look.

I see light makeup on her, but that's my favorite part about her, the way she hates heavy makeup and will only wear it to look natural.

"You look beautiful." I see a smile coming to her face. She gives me a 'thank you' and opens the door for me to come in. Her apartment is just like mine so everything except the bathroom is for show.

I see that she has a loft where her bed sits in the corner of the room. I look to my left and see the kitchen is full of older people. "Hello." I wave to the people. Realizing these are the people who I saw a couple days ago.

"Nice to meet you Maddox, I'm Abby, Willow's mom, thank you so much for watching the little ones." I nod my head. Willow has none of her mom's facial features, but her dads.

I shake his hand next as he stares at me down. Now I recognize him, he is really big on ESPN. "Nice to meet you sir." I give him a firm handshake. Because if I learned one thing, it was that dads love the firm handshake.

He drops his hard, rock look and shakes my hand back with the same firm hand. "Cole." I nod and we let go of our hands.

I see another woman and man standing a little off in the distance. "Hello, Maddox." I shake the other man's hand. "Elias, thank you for watching my kids. There are a handful, trust me." He says and lets go of my hand. The woman next to him playfully shoves him, I'm assuming she is his wife.

"They are not that bad, they will be out like a light in a matter of an hour. Fayette." I shake her hand and she comes and gives me a hug. I'm surprised but returned it nonetheless.

Another man stands by them as I wave. "Reece" I nod and shake his hand as well. Man, so many handshakes my arm is about to fall off. I get to the last person and I'm shocked by how much her and Willow look different.

"Mayella?" I ask and she nods. I give her a handshake as well and this time a real soft smile. She smiles back to me and goes back over to her parents.

"Well this is Aurora and Greyson, I swear I fed them so don't listen to them when they say they're hungry, they brought tons of toys, and warned that Rory might get attached to you. She likes being around older people, which makes her feel more safe since her older brother takes care of her when me and Eli are at work. She has PPD. Paranoid Personality Disorder, she has a hard time trusting people and she will be scared of you for a bit, and she gets scared really easily so just go slow with her and take your time."

I nod. I have never met anyone with PPD. I look over to her and see how she is playing with her brother. I smile.

"Don't worry, I got it, I will call Willow if anything goes wrong?" I look at her as she nods. They take their leave and I go to the kitchen to grab some water.

Maybe I will just wait until I'm here.