fourteen.

third pov

a quiet, startled gasp escaped camilo's mouth as he stared at his frozen lover.

"y/n," he whispered, looking around her frozen face. "y/n.. c'mon.." tears began to fall from camilo's eyes as realization sunk in. he leaned into y/n's frozen hand on his face as he sobbed, every emotion in his body being taken over by pure grief.

he heard the shocked whispers of his family as they all walked back into the crumbled remains of casita and saw y/n's frozen body, though all the whispers were distant and echo-y, not really being processed.

camilo just continued to cry, his body not being able to do much more.

"kid..." camilo heard his tío's voice from next to him. camilo looked over to his right and saw bruno looking at y/n, tears forming in his eyes.

"is that.." isabela whispered as she looked at bruno. dolores just nodded, a small smirk on her face.

bruno let out a staggered breath as he placed a hand on y/n's shoulder, a tear falling from his eye. camilo sniffled slightly and looked back at y/n, the soft smile on her face making camilo's stomach churn.

"camilo, you should get some air.." his father's voice appeared behind him. "what..?" camilo whispered, turning around. "you should get some air. staring at y/n isn't going to bring her back," félix repeated softly, not wanting to set camilo off.

the pit in camilo's stomach deepened as his father gently grabbed his arm and began pulling him away.

"what? no! let me go!" camilo yelled angrily as villagers walked up to casita in shock. when félix didn't let camilo go, he began thrashing around, trying to get out of his father's grip. "let me go! i don't want to be away from her!" camilo cried, turning and looking at y/n's frozen body. camilo glanced around as his father dragged him away, seeing pepa staring at the two with tears falling from her eyes.

"mamí! tell him to let me go!" camilo sobbed, still thrashing around. pepa let out a cry as julieta turned her away from looking at camilo, making the pit in his stomach deepen even more.

"mirabel! please!" camilo called to his cousin who was watching with empty eyes. isabela wrapped mirabel in a hug, turning her away from camilo.

as félix dragged camilo down the path, camilo eventually stopped fighting and just went limp, his body shaking with cries as he felt betrayed by his own family.

félix brought camilo to the heart of the village and gently sat him down on the fountain, giving a look to dolores and luisa who had followed.

after about 10 minutes of crying, camilo looking up at his sister and his cousin who were sending sad glances at him.

"please..." camilo whispered as he stared at the two women. "please let me go back.." camilo sniffled.

"i'm sorry, camilo.. it's self destructive if you do.." dolores whispered as she crouched in front of her younger brother, her eyes filled with sadness. camilo just looked down at his lap, feeling emptiness inside of him.

after about an hour of just sitting on the fountain, listening to the sound of the water falling into itself, a villager walked up to dolores and luisa, asking what happened.

camilo looked up at the two women before looking behind him to the mountain that had split. he glance back at the two before standing up and running down the path to the outskirts of town.

camilo ran through the split mountain and through the trees of the woods, ending up at a river.

camilo let out a breath as he walked towards the bank of the river, sitting down and looking around.