thirteen.

"what is going on?!" abuela's voice echoed through casita. i felt camilo tense up next to me as tighten his hold on my hand.

i tilted my head slightly, raising a brow as i looked down at the scene below me.

"abuela! it's okay!" mirabel exclaimed as she and isabela sat up quickly. "everything's.. we're gonna save the miracle! the magic-!" mirabel continued as she stood up, though abuela cut her off.

"what are you talking about? look at our home! look at your sister!" abuela exclaimed. "please, just— isabela wasn't happy! and she-" "of course she isn't happy. you ruined her proposal!" abuela countered. "no, no! she needed me to ruin her proposal! and then we did all this!" mirabel gestured around casita at all the pretty flowers and vines that were around. abuela groaned in frustration. "-and the candle burned brighter! and the cracks! that's why y/n's here and in that vision! to fix everything. i'm saving the miracle! she's saving the miracle!" mirabel smiled, though that smile slowly disappeared as abuela began yelling.

"you have to stop, mirabel! the crack started with y/n. bruno left because of y/n. luisa's losing her powers, isabela's out of control, because of you and y/n!" abuela explained harshly.

"i don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!" abuela yelled, casita cracking.

all was quiet in casita as mirabel and abuela stared at each other, some of the madrigals coming into the foyer from all the commotion. camilo's breath hitched and he quickly let go of my hand, running to the back staircase to get down with the rest of his family.

"she will never be good enough for you.." i cut in, making abuela look up at me. "will she?" i asked as i climbed over the banister and made an ice slope down, stopping next to mirabel and gently guiding her to walk to her sisters.

abuela looked shocked as i walked slightly closer. "i will never be good enough for you." i stated, an icy feeling in my fingers and legs starting to form. "no matter how hard i try.. no matter how hard any of us try!" i glared at the woman in front of me. "luisa will never be strong enough, isabela won't be perfect enough." i seethed as i gestured to both of them, julieta and agustín hurrying over to their daughters.

"bruno left your family because you only saw the worst in him," i grumbled, loud enough for everyone to hear, my forearms and shins getting cold. "bruno didn't care about this family!" abuela exclaimed. "bruno loves your family. i love your family! we all love your family!" i countered, the icy feelings on my arms and legs now at my shoulders and hips, slightly limiting my movements.

"you're the one who doesn't care! you're the one breaking our home!" i exclaimed, glaring at abuela. "don't you ever-!" abuela exclaimed getting closer to me. "the miracle is dying, because of you." i seethed, glaring up at the woman right in front of me.

it was quiet for a moment before the ground between abuela and i cracked. i yelped slightly as i heard pepa gasp.

"no, no, no!" she yelped, looking up at the candle. i turned around and saw the candle shaking slightly as casita began to crumble. "the candle!" félix exclaimed.

i looked down at my arms and legs and saw them slightly blue.

what the hell..?

i looked up at camilo and saw him staring at me wide-eyed. i looked back to the candle and yanked my feet from the ground, the ice around my feet making it hard to move.

i began running for the candle, casita bringing a banister down as a ladder.

i began climbing up, seeing isabela falling from a vine next to me. i gasped slightly but kept climbing.

i heard a grunt next to me and saw camilo jumping for the roof. i yelped as he had a shape shifting spasm and began to fall. i made an ice slope for him and kept climbing, my arms and legs extremely cold and hard to move.

i climbed up to the candle quickly and began reaching for it, hearing félix, julieta and camilo yelling at me to get out.

i looked down and saw casita rolling the floors to get everyone out. anxiety coursed through me as i saw camilo about to start crying as he yelled for me.

i turned around and kept trying to get the candle, feeling my arm starting to freeze to the banister. i let out a cry from the pain but finally reached the candle, holding onto it tightly.

suddenly, loud cracking sounded. i looked up and saw bruno's tower falling. i yelped as i heard a crash outside of casita. i looked over and saw bruno sitting on the ground, lifting a bucket from his head as he looked up at me, fear covering his features as we made eye contact. i looked behind me and saw camilo running back into casita.

no, no, camilo what are you doing?!

i grunted as i pulled my arm away from the wall, looking down at my arms after. my hands and forearms were almost completely frozen.

i looked up and saw bruno's tower actually falling now. i looked down and made an ice slope right to camilo, sliding down it quickly.

i stumbled into camilo's arms, smiling at him weakly. the pain from my body freezing was almost unbearable.

"i-i got the candle," i breathed out, holding it out to camilo. camilo tossed the candle aside as i looked up around us. casita brought doors, stools, and support beams around camilo and i.

camilo let out a sob as he pressed his lips to mine, kissing me passionately. i let tears fall from my eyes as i felt my torso starting to freeze. i painfully brought my hand to camilo's face, still kissing him. camilo's left hand was on my shoulder as his right was tightly holding onto my skirt.

when camilo pulled away, all the crashing of casita had stopped, and everything casita brought to camilo and i to protect us had fallen to the ground.

i looked into camilo's eyes as i felt the ice creeping up my neck. i smiled at him softly as a tear fell from my eye. camilo let out a sob and quickly began rambling about how he couldn't lose me.

"y/n, no! y/n, c'mon, stop the ice!" camilo sobbed as i felt my hair freezing. "i love you camilo," i sighed softly as i stared at the boy in front of me, still smiling softly. camilo looked me in the eye, shock evident on his face as he began to cry harder, the ice on my body completely covering me now.

"y/n!"

camilo's echoing voice was the last thing i heard as my sight faded to black, every one of my senses disappearing.

1180 words :)