Chapter twenty-six: The school trip

Start from the beginning

J-hope: "Then I'll see you at school only from now on."

You: "I guess so. It's still all a bit strange to me."

J-hope: "I only see one benefit from their decision."

You: "I'm glad you can see something positive out of this situation because I only got trouble with it so far. What benefit are you even talking about?"

J-hope: "The fact that I don't need to feel guilty anymore for having feelings towards my stepsister. That's the benefit."

He took me off guard with his straight forward answer. Am I still on his mind? Even after everything that happened?

You: "I know we're not 'family' anymore but that doesn't mean I've change my mind. I don't want to create more fights between any of you by choosing someone."

J-hope: "There you go again, scared of what others might thing or feel or do... Let me know when you're finally thinking about yourself."

This conversation reminded me of the one I had with Jungkook a while ago in the kitchen. He also said the same thing practically. That I should stop listing to my head and more to my heart. 

You: "I should head outside now. My mom must be waiting for me."

J-hope: "I'll see you tomorrow at school."

J-hope's pov

I watched her leaving the living room. The conversation didn't go as how I planned it in my head. I wanted to talk about what I heard that day, what she said on the phone to her friend Rosé. I just couldn't bring it up. The moment that we were alone, I couldn't turn the thought in my head into words. I even didn't told my brothers about it. The fact that both Jin and Jimin said and asked Y/N those things broke my heart. How would the others even feel if they heard it? I can't even imagine it ... 

Time skip to the next day, your pov

I had packed out my stuff the whole evening while playing some music in the background. Then I went straight to bed, tired after a whole day at school and moving into our new apartment. I just got out of the shower, making myself ready for a new day at school. My mom just stopped by, saying her goodbyes before she left for work. This morning we even had breakfast together, it felt nice. I just prepared my backpack and made my way to school. 

+

I had bumped into Yeeun while walking towards school. So we both ended up walking here together, talking about the new apartment I just moved into. Apparently Yeeun and I don't live far away from each other now. 

Taeil: "Y/N! Yeeun!"

That voice came from behind us. We untangled our arms and looked behind us, seeing Taeil, Mark, Taeyong and Lucas walking to our direction. We waited for them to catch up with us.

Mark: "You girls walk pretty fast."

Lucas: "What were you talking about?"

Yeeun: "About the new apartment Y/N moved into yesterday."

Taeyong: "How is your new place? Are we finally getting an invitation?"

Yeeun: "Yah! You can't just invite yourself like that into someone else's house, besides she just moved there."