Chapter twenty-two: The harsh rooftop conversation

Here I stood, out of breath. I practically ran to school. Luckily no one saw me leaving the house. I didn't felt like talking to any of them at the moment, not after what happened with Jimin. His words were the only thing I could think about. He wants to sacrifice his own love for his brothers. That's how much they love each other, even though they aren't brothers by blood. This situation is literally sucking the life out of my body. I can't breath, speak or move without drawing their attention. Why don't they agree with me? We need to forget this, their feelings. I know it sounds hard but this is not only for my sake. If I choose someone I'm ruining their bond, the years and years of friendship they've built between each other. They just need to realize that before they can move on. Until then I'll stay at the side line, waiting, until they understand that this decision was to help them. 

Yeeun: "Yah! Y/N?! Earth to Y/N?"

You: "Oh... Hey Yeeun. I didn't saw you there."

Yeeun: "That's normal if you stare at a tree for almost a minute straight."

Yeeun startled me when she called out my name. She was indeed right. I stopped my tracks a few meters in front of a tree. I never noticed, I was so lost in my thoughts for a moment. 

You: "Oh my! I was so distracted."

Yeeun: "Clearly but it can happen to all of us. What were you thinking about?"

You: "Just questioning myself if I took my textbook for history this morning or not."

Yeeun: "Don't worry about that. We can always share mine if you forgot yours."

You: "Thanks Yeeun."

I felt bad towards her because I lied. I didn't told her what was really on my mind. I can't tell her this or the other girls. This is a problem that I need to solve on my own. They can't help me with this. Yeeun's arm tangled around mine, together we walked towards the entrance of the school.

Yeeun: "So where were you yesterday? You disappeared at lunch and you didn't came back to school. And what's even more suspicious, Lucas was also not there. Did you follow my advice? Did you talk to him?"

You: "I did. I told him that I'm not into him."

Yeeun: "That's sad for Lucas but at least you figured it out."

You: "He was a bit sad but eventually he understood my decision."

Yeeun: "Maybe it's for the best before his feelings got out of control."

You: "You're right..."

Yeeun: "You're still friends with him right?"

You: "We are but I hope it doesn't get awkward between us. You hear that such things happen a lot."

Yeeun: "If you had a good talk yesterday then it will be alright today."

+

Eunbin: "Well I really thought you were into him."

Yeeun and I arrived at our lockers a few moments ago. Eunbin and Sorn were already there, filling their backpacks with the books they needs for the first few classes. When they saw me they immediately fired ten thousand questions at me. Where were you? What did you do? Was Lucas with you? So I explained what happened. 

Sorn: "I thought so too! You look so cute together. A perfect fit."

You: "Maybe but the packaging isn't everything."