24. Only love Can hurt Like this

Start from the beginning

The guests applauded John and Irene kissed Sherlock's lips lovingly.

"Thank you John", Sherlock nodded his head and offered a warm smile to his best friend. "Now, my turn", he stood up and the guests fell silent. 

"I would like to thank John Watson for his... interesting speech", he glanced at John who laughed. "Also, I would like to thank all of you for being here today. John once said that the wedding day is the most important day in a couple's life but I strongly disagree", he pressed his lips together, looking at the guests. Irene smirked. "Loving a woman like Irene Adler Holmes is important and wonderful at the same time. Every day with her by my side is--..."

"Seriously now?!", Molly sounded from the back tables and Irene snapped her head toward her voice. Sherlock froze in shock. The woman pushed the chair and stood up, slightly wobbling. She was fucking drunk. "I can't believe you're so pretentious, Sherlock!!", she huffed. All the guests were staring at her shocked. 

"Molly, sit down, you're drunk", her boyfriend was the only one who spoke. 

Molly pushed her boyfriend aside while he tried to make her sit down. She walked to the middle of the venue, staggering. Her hurtful gaze was stuck upon Sherlock, even though it was not very easy for her to focus her drunken eyes. Irene was shell-shocked and couldn't react.

"You don't really love her, Sherlock...", Molly bitterly shook her head. Her blurry gaze filled with tears. 

"Molly, you embarrass yourself", Sherlock finally spoke and he sounded icy cold. 

"Me?!", she looked at him incredulously. "I embarrass myself?! You married an ex-hooker, not me!"

Horrified gasps filled the entire venue and Irene gritted her teeth enraged. "She's getting on my nerves...", she muttered under her breath.

"Molly, last chance", Sherlock glared at her. "Leave, or else I'll make you."

John left the table and approached the drunken woman. "What's wrong with you, Molly?", he sighed and extended his hand toward her. "You need to leave..."

"Sherlock was forced to take a paternity test when she got pregnant because he was not sure who the father was! That speaks volumes of her integrity!"

"MOLLY!!", John almost growled at her while grabbing her from the elbow.

Irene jumped up her seat and turned to Sherlock with eyes wide open. "You told her??", she seethed. 

"Of course not!!", Sherlock looked at her.

"No, actually, I read his e-mails", Molly laughed stupidly, trying to break free from John's clench. "Oh... One other thing", she violently pushed John aside and turned her hazy gaze to Irene. "Your husband said I'm the most important person in his life..."

"Yeah, he said that before he met Irene!", John shouted at her. "Gosh, Molly, you need to leave!"

"Enough", Sherlock walked around the table, grabbed Molly by the arm and literally dragged her across the venue until they were both outside. The door shut behind them with a loud thud. 

John and Violet hastened to Irene who sat back down, her expression shocked and her face pale. 

"Drink some water, darling", Violet rubbed her arm soothingly. "Forget about what happened, Sherlock will take care of it..."

John handed a glass of water at her. "She was drunk, don't mind her words..."

Irene sipped the water but her hands were trembling. "Sherlock should not invite her", she said with shaky voice. "She fucked up my wedding..."

I Am Sher-lockedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara