13. No, it's not Over

It was him. The Devil in disguise.

Dominic Shaw.

*************

[WARNING: Violence, Murder]

It's ridiculous to feel that fear can paralyze you but at the same time to fill you with confidence. This is exactly how one could describe the range of Irene's feelings. She was not afraid for her life. The barrel of the gun was pointed at Sherlock. That alone was enough to make Irene furious with Dominic.

She took a step forward, covering Sherlock's body with hers. Her eyes did not even blink.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!", Sherlock grabbed her from the elbow and attempted to pull her back but she aggressively pulled her arm away.

"You knew that Sherlock was here in Paris", she said, smirking at Dominic who pointed the gun toward her.

"Does this surprise you?", the man arched an eyebrow, his face stone cold.

She huffed. "Nothing surprises me anymore", she said. "You have me. Let him go."

"Not so fast, Adler", said Dominic with a sly smile.

"Lower the gun, Shaw", Sherlock spoke and he was icy cold. "Step aside, Irene. I need to talk to him."

"I'm not going to let him kill you, Sherlock", she said through gritted teeth.

"He's not", Sherlock said and this time managed to grab her and pull her behind him. She tried to protest but it was merely impossible. He was way stronger than her.

"I can kill you both, you know?", Dominic let out a sneaky laugh.

"Actually, you can't", Sherlock shrugged. "The FBI has been informed about your filthy past. I didn't come here alone. They are watching at us as we speak."

"Is this suppose to scare me?", Dominic chuckled, although his gaze was intense. "What filthy past? I'm clean. I was always clean."

"We both know you were not", Sherlock narrowed his eyes dangerously. "Do you want me to enlighten you?"

Dominic let out a dry laugh. He didn't lower the gun. "Go fuck yourself, Holmes. You have nothing against me."

Sherlock crossed his arms behind his back and stared at him seriously. "Let's start with the misdemeanors, shall we?", he started but didn't expect a reply from Dominic. He continued. "As a teenager, you were charged with more than five counts of rape, but they were all buried in the darkest drawer because the prosecutor happened to be your father's friend. I found the five women and talked to them, in the presence of a lawyer and a criminologist. Their statements were signed by the Crown Prosecutor. We have found all the forensic examinations that were done then and the evidence is incontrovertible."

Irene's eyes widened in surprise. She was unaware of these things. Dominic's eyes were filled with madness and his grip tightened around the gun.

"These are the misdemeanors?", Irene gasped, behind Sherlock's back. "There is more?"

"But of course", Sherlock forced a cold smile, still staring at Dominic. "His businesses were built on the corpses of innocent people", he continued. "Dominic Shaw is responsible for the deaths of at least 400 people because the waste from his factory in China polluted the aquifers of the village where the factory is located and as a result the water consumed by the residents led to poisoning and in some cases to death. I have in my possession the official findings of the Ministry of Health of China in cooperation with the Crown of Great Britain."

"Oh, God...", Irene covered her mouth with her hand in order to stop an upcoming gasp.

"These are lies!!", Dominic growled, his face was a mask of pure rage. "You have no evidence!! I'm gonna destroy you, Holmes!"