23. I Belong to You

Sherlock's birthday ~ The wedding day

Very early in the morning Irene woke up in the hotel room where she had been staying for the last two days. Violet had decided to persuade Irene to keep the custom, so Irene should not have seen Sherlock for the last twenty-four hours. As soon as she opened her eyes a wave of anxiety overwhelmed her. 

She got out of bed and took a few deep breaths to calm herself. Everything was in order and she should not worry about anything. The ringing of her cell phone dispelled her thoughts.

"Yes?", she responded without checking the name of the caller. 

"Good morning", a deep baritone voice made her shiver. It was Sherlock.

"Good morning, Mr. Holmes...", she bit her lower lip, smiling. "Have you slept well?"

"Yes. What about you?"

"I'm stressed...", she let out a sigh, fidgeting. "And I've missed you..."

"I count the hours until I see you and hold you in my arms...", Sherlock said lowly with an exhale. 

Her smile grew wider and a pleasant shiver ran down her spine. "Everything's going to be wonderful, right?"

"Right", he responded with certainty. "I should leave you now to get ready..."

"I love you, Sherlock..."

"I love you..."

Irene ended the call with a huge grin on her face. She had to take a bubble bath and relax her tensed muscles. 

Violet had decided to stay in the same hotel to help Irene get ready .... since Irene did not have her mother by her side. Sherlock's father and John were at home with the groom. There were no bridesmaids, only John's daughter was considered a bridesmaid. A little, young lady with a wonderful smile and funny giggle.

Irene did not have many guests. Most were on Sherlock's side. Irene invited only those who had treated her with honesty and respect. Five, maybe seven people. They would get married in a chapel, the most beautiful and picturesque chapel in London. Irene had made sure that the precinct of the chapel was decorated with the most delicate and gorgeous flowers. White, like the snow. After the wedding ceremony they would go to a lovely, small venue and party as if there would be no tomorrow.

As soon as Irene finished bathing, Violet entered her room with a huge smile. Yep, she had a key. 

"Good morning!!", Violet cheerfully said and pushed the curtains aside. The sun bathed the room and Irene flinched. 

"The sun is blinding", Irene mumbled under her breath and settled before the boudoir, brushing down her wet hair. "Good morning to you too, Violet."

"What would you like for breakfast, honey?", Violet asked as she reached for the phone to call at the reception. 

"Nothing?", Irene almost innocently looked at Violet through the mirror. 

"Nonsense! You have to eat something", she scolded her with a sweet smile. "We don't want the bride to faint during the wedding, right?"

Irene rolled her eyes but chuckled. "Alright. Erm... What about coffee and pancakes?"

"Okay."

Violet ordered the breakfast and hastened to the wardrobe. She took the wedding dress out and spread it on the bed. Thankfully it was not wrinkled. Irene kept brushing her hair with careful movements. 

"You look pale, darling", Violet said as she settled at the couch. 

Irene frowned as she checked herself in the mirror. "I'm always pale. This is the usual color of my skin", she shrugged. "Stop worrying, Violet", she laughed and put down the hairbrush. "I'm fine."