Chapter Five: Square Two

You arrived back at your apartment. There was a note taped to your door that read 'You passed inspection! What changed? We should go out for a coffee sometime. I'll buy ;) -Patrick' You tore it off, looking around to make sure no one was around. You threw open the door and slammed it shut. Patrick was your landlord, and you were not coming close to stooping to that level. You crumpled up the note and tossed it in the garbage. Why did he have to put a note on your door, where your neighbors could see it? You sighed and hung up your keys on the hook by the door, stifling a yawn. The flyer was still on your counter, and you gave it a glance while shuffling to your room. You flopped face-first onto your bed and fell asleep within 2 minutes without even bothering to look at the time.

You woke up the next morning. Your head was not throbbing. You threw off the blankets you had wrapped yourself in while you slept and slid out of bed. You tidied yourself up, grabbing an outfit from the dryer. You brushed your hair and teeth and looked in the mirror. You actually looked fairly presentable. It's time, you told yourself. You grabbed your phone from the nightstand in your bedroom and opened your browser. It was already open on the job interview form. You filled it out.

You yanked the flyer off the counter and grabbed your keys, heading out the door. You went straight out to your car and drove through town, straight over to the pizzaplex. You parked on the curb outside and opened your phone. You sat hunched over your phone for what must have been hours when a text from a random number floated in on the top of your screen. You clicked on it.

"Hey there, Y/N L/N! Thank you for filling out an application for Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex! Unfortunately, we are not hiring in the mechanical section as of yet. However, plenty of options remain! Options remaining: 1. Daycare Worker. APPLY HERE."

"You have got to be shitting me." You groaned. You clicked the link. You'd just take this job and they would love you so much they would have to put you in the mechanical section. Plus, you hadn't seen the Daycare Animatronic yet. Any chance to see more of this company's work was a win for you.

The new site loaded. "You're hired! Your first shift begins: Today at 12 pm."
You blinked. You were...already hired? You looked at the time. It was 11:24. You threw open your car door and sprinted over to the entrance of the pizzaplex. The doors slid open, and you ran over to the front desk. The girl behind it looked up at you with distaste. Her nametag read: "Mahira". "Tours don't start until 1 pm. You a cop? You got a warrant?"

"What? No- what the hell- I have a job...interview. Daycare worker."

Mahira gave you a smug grin. "Ah. Good luck, dude. Upstairs, to the right. 'Superstar Daycare Pick-Up'," she said, giving some half-hearted jazz hands. "Here." She handed you a card. "Here's the pass. Oh, and you'll need a uniform. Don't worry, the attendant has some. Just ask him for one. Have fun."

You gave her a nervous nod and walked up the stairs. Sure as she said, there was an entrance with the words "Superstar Daycare Pick-Up" in big colorful letters above the doors. You gulped and pushed them open. They opened to a dimly lit brick hallway, with star lights from above and a few neon fixtures providing the luminosity of the room. There was a big arrow painted on the wall, directing you to the pickup area. You followed it and ended up at a large opening into a lobby area, with a huge gold statue of a jester-looking character, with a sun for a head. Long story short, you would need a lot of context to explain what you were looking at. Context you didn't have yourself.

There was a person at the desk in the corner of the room, who looked up and smiled. "Hey there! You must be the newbie, Y/N? I'm Corin. Welcome to the Superstar Daycare! Follow me, I'll get you started." They gestured toward the stairs leading down from the lobby, and you caught up. Looking over to the right as you descended, you saw a huge area, with a giant net over the top of it. You hated to say it but...it looked spectacular. You made it down the rest of the stairs, and Corin led you to a pair of wooden doors. They swung them open and nodded their head towards the inside.