Chapter Three: Shut up Miles

"What is this?" You asked. It was a piece of paper, with a picture of a couple of weird-looking characters on the front. Below the picture was the words 'NOW HIRING: Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex!!! Apply today!' Under that, in smaller text was 'See back for more details.' You turned the paper over, and the back was covered with words. "Yeah, I'm not reading that. Miles, what is this?"

He looked down at the paper, then back at you. "I saw this on the way here. I thought you might wanna work there. I read the back and they say they need someone to do mechanical work for them. It's perfect! You love that stuff!"

You struggled not to roll your eyes. "I guess," you mumbled. "What even is this place? I haven't seen any ads for it anywhere."

"It's on the south end of the city, so not too far from where you live," He said, ignoring your question. "But yeah, they're just getting started and it looks awesome so far! Like- this place is huge." He looked at you with anticipation.

"Uh, cool. I'll...check it out, I guess. Thanks for the suggestion, Miles." He looked around and walked past you.

"You cleaned up! That's great! Lemme guess, health inspection?" Before you could answer, he kept talking. "Mind if I stay a bit? I brought some food. I know you don't have much." Your eye twitched. Why was he being so...

"Go ahead, that would be awesome. Thanks." He sprinted out the door. "Ugh! What the hell?" You grumble to yourself. Miles wasn't normally this...helpful. You set the paper down on your counter. Despite how annoying it was that Miles presented this to you, the opportunity seemed pretty cool. You did really enjoy mechanics and had always wanted to find a place to work where you could use your skills. I'll read it later.

Miles came dashing back up the hall, bursting back into your apartment with two bags of food from your favorite restaurant. Damn it, you thought. He's got me hooked. You opened the box to find your favorite order. He had memorized all of his friends' restaurant orders purely for moments exactly like this. You wolfed it down. You hadn't realized how long it had been since you actually had a full meal to eat. It was delicious.

You and Miles made some small talk, playfully gossiping about the rest of the group and joking about last night. You both finish your food and throw the trash away, and Miles looked at the clock. "Aw, man. I've gotta head to my mom's house to babysit my little brother. Hey," he called out as he was walking out the door, "I mean it! You should check out that Freddy's place!" You gave him a nod and shoved him out the door.

"Got it, got it. See ya, Miles!" You waved and shut the door. You forgot how much being with people drained you. You watched a little more tv but got bored quickly. You trudged around your apartment looking for something to do. You didn't realize you circled back to the kitchen, but you looked down and noticed the flyer on your counter. You sighed and picked it up, turning it over to skim the back.

'Now hiring at Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex!!! Several jobs are available at our brand new Freddy's, rebranded and reopened for the first time since 2033! After years of hard planning and construction (and several lawsuits), Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex is finally finished! Soon enough this massive and fun attraction will be bustling with customers, and Freddy's could use all the help we can legally require! Are you a social person? If so, a front-line job or tour guide is the fit for you! Want to work with kids? Assistant positions with the daycare attendants are always welcomed! Rather lay low and work on our brand new featured Glamrock animatronics? Mechanical workers are the backbone of Freddy's, and crucial to the performance of our legal records! Scan this QR code to take yourself to the application website! And be sure to check out Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex, officially opening May 25th!'

That was in two days.

Below the paragraph was a QR code with tiny text under it that you didn't bother to read. You pulled out your phone and scanned the QR code before you even realized what you were doing. It took you to a website with the name of the attraction. Beneath it was a picture of what must have been the Glamrock animatronics mentioned on the flyer.

    There were three lines at the top left, and you clicked on them. It brought up a side tab with different sections where you could read more about the "pizzaplex". There was 'General information', 'About the Glamrocks', 'Our brand new Daycare', 'Map', 'Tours and opening dates', and 'Job Application Information'. You clicked on that and it scrolled you down to the bottom of the page. There was a link to an application, and you clicked on it. It opened up a standard Google Forms document with a few questions and places to post a link to your resume, when to set up an interview, etc.

    You hesitated. This didn't have to be a final decision. Maybe I'll just... check the place out later. You turned your phone off and put it in your pocket. It was around 12pm now, and you had nothing else to do. You watched a few movies until around 5 pm. Your eyelids started drooping, and you turned off the TV and slid off the couch, trudging to your room.

    That was the least productive day ever.