Chapter Four: Exploring

You woke up at around 10 am and brushed your teeth. You were wearing the same clothes as yesterday, but it didn't matter. They were clean enough. You gathered the pile of laundry on your floor anyway and stuffed it into a hamper. You shoved them into the washing machine and stumbled into the kitchen, grabbing your keys and leaving to go check the place out.

It was huge. The building loomed over you blocking out the sun, which was nice but unbearably threatening. The sign, which bore a design of who looked like the Glamrocks, hung above the entrance. It gave off a tiny amount of light but you could tell that this place would be glowing at night. The doors were glass, and there were a few people standing around who seemed to be looking around inside. You shrugged and opened the door.

You were immediately met with the nostalgic smell of pizza and floor cleaner. The interior seemed even bigger than the building itself. The floor had that one pattern with the black carpet with squiggly colored lines and stars scattered all over it. It somewhat reminded you of the old arcades you used to go to as a kid.

You strolled around. The place seemed awesome so far, and the vibrant lights stung your eyes a bit. There were a few signs set up with arrows directing you to different sections of the Pizzaplex. You didn't want to take too much time looking around, so you passed a few arrows until, spacing out, you saw an arrow pointing to an arrow labeled "Parts and Service". It wasn't one of those arrows set up on the signs, but you didn't care. Needless to say, it piqued your interest. You were interested in seeing the mechanics of these animatronics.

You looked around to make sure no one could see you before entering. You followed the arrow, and it lead you down a hallway to a dimly lit area, with a large cylinder in the center. Weirdly enough there was no one around, and the sound of children laughing and the tour groups had disappeared. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to sneak around and find something cool to steal (or at least look at). You walked over to the cylinder in the center of the room to get a closer look at what exactly it was.

Taking a peek inside the window of it, you saw what seemed to be a chair, with multiple appliances beside it. A table, a raised pad with buttons, a weird claw thing, and some other unidentifiable machinery. Intrigued, you paced around the cylinder still gazing inside when you rammed your hip onto something.

"Damn! Ow!" You looked down. It was the corner of a table. You rub your hip and look at the computer on top of it. Despite all the advanced technology the company seemed to have ahold of, this computer looked like something from the 1980s, like the ones you saw in really old films. You looked at the screen, but the power was off. In fact, it seemed to be off in this whole area. Your eyes followed the wires of the computer, but before you could find the source, someone grabbed your shoulder.

"Now what exactly do ya think you're doin' here? This area ain't part of the tour, kid."

You froze. Their grip on your shoulder was tight, and it didn't seem to be getting any looser. You slowly turned your head.

"What the hell..."
The person who grabbed you wasn't even a person at all. It was a 6'2 metal gator wearing sunglasses. It...He raised an eyebrow. You don't know how.

"I told you kid, off-limits. Let's get you back to..." You stopped listening to him. Your gaze was fixated on his jaw, his head movements, his voice which felt authentic and not robotic at all, the absolute lack of sound coming from the joints or from him at all. He was the most interesting piece of machinery you had ever seen. You needed to know more.

"...wandering off- are you even listenin' to me? Cmon, the tours are closin' soon, kid. You gotta go. Kid? Kid!" You snapped out of it and shook your head. He was giving you a confused look, his eyelids squinted and jaw agape ever so slightly. It was still so astonishing. You couldn't leave, you had to see more of this animatronic, the others, the whole entire place. You didn't regret coming here at all.

"Are you...Montgomery Gator? Yeah, name fits the face. Dude...dude. You're awesome, yo. How does this work? Who built you? Man, this is cool."

"Dear lord- kid, how many times do I gotta say it? Ya can't be back here, so scram. Get-"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm off man. Relax." You tried to come off serious, but you couldn't help yourself from grinning. You ran your fingers through your hair and stepped out of the hallway you came in. You hadn't even realized he led you back out here. He gave you a rough pat on the back and a smile.

"Come back tomorrow and check the rest of the place out, kid. There's lots more to offer than that room. See ya." He turned and walked away, tail swinging behind him. He was greeting the other guests as they walked out, crouching down to talk to the kids and give them noogies.

"I'm 22." You mutter under your breath. You rolled your eyes and shoved your hands in your pockets, making your way back to the front entrance. Your mind was racing, thinking about how anyone could have possibly put an animatronic like that together. It was more than a robot, it was a work of art. You had to see more.