4

“Wife? Which wife are you talking about? My Yoongi is single.” The staff were shocked at her sudden outburst. “But then Mrs Y-” their theory was suspended as you jumped in front of Mrs Min. Catching them off-guard. “Hello aunt.” Greeting her politely you bow formally. “Mam,” you eyed them shaking your head. They were confused, nevertheless went along with your flow.

“Yoongi is currently in a meeting. Let me escort you and give company until he’s finished with his meeting.” She was unsure, still eyeing the receptionist. “Y/N you didn’t tell me you and Yoongi worked in the same company.” Her curiosity overhauled you. “Ahh yes that-” trying to find an excuse your mind went blank.

“We cracked the deal!” Yoongi’s sudden yell and him running in your direction frightened you, you couldn’t turn around. Not with his mother noticing your actions and expressions so damn attentively. The most you could think of was hiding behind her back. Yoongi was confused when he reached you and his sight came in with his mother. Instinctively he wrapped his arms around her, gawking at you with a feared and questionable look.

“Mom, I got the deal!” He rephrased his words. “You’re still a baby Yoongi.” He scrunched his nose, mouthing an apology to you. “Aunt I’ll have to leave now my break is over, it was nice meeting you.” Bading her your farewell you usher off to your cabin.

Yoongi’s mom squeezed his ear making him yelp out in pain. “Why did you not tell us, you’re working in the same company as your sister?” He scoffed innerly. “Sister my ass, that’s my wife you’re talking about.” Hiding his pain laced expression he managed to free himself from his mother’s tight hold.

“It doesn’t matter anyways we work in different departments and barely get time to see each other. In fact this is the first time I saw her after that little reunion dinner we had.” Lying skillfully Yoongi’s eyes were fixated on your figure walking inside the elevator.

“You should look after her. Our families have such a good bond, don’t you think it’s your duty.” He mentally grumbled at his mother’s statement. “I’m taking care of my wife to the utmost. You shouldn’t be worrying about that mother.”

Did he have the guts to say it out loud though? Definitely not. “I’m coming over at yours today. Gotta stay with my beloved son for a few days. You’ve turned so slim, have you been skipping meals lately? Now that I’m here I’ll make sure you don’t. Momma's gonna feed you home made meals everyday.” Yoongi had horror imprinted all over his face. “OHH NO SHIT WTF?”

This was definitely something he had never expected, sure he did wonder about it sometimes. To experience it finally wasn’t any less scary. “Where will I take her? God save me, I can’t take her to my apartment. Definitely not with our clothes scattered on the floor after the mess we made last night. Why the hell did we postpone cleaning up the house until evening? Wait- even if it was clean. There’s no way I could take her there. I know my mother very well. She’ll definitely snoop through my cupboards. God what the fuck am I supposed to do now?”

He sat on his desk tapping his feet nervously. For the time being he had managed to send his mother to one of her old friend’s house here in Seoul. Stating he’ll pick her up after his working hours. “Where are you Y/N?” He was chewing on his nails as a habit he had developed whenever he was panicked or felt situations were out of his hands to be handled.

“Yoongi, I'm here.” Panting heavily you stood in front of him with a male standing beside him waving at him innocently. “Jin Hyung?” Jin glared at him. “You ungrateful punk, you should have told me from the beginning you were in a secret marriage. I would have made sure none of the staff here would have spilled anything. Now your mother is in doubt. She’ll definitely drop by the company several more times to find out who’s this wife of yours.”

Jin was basically rapping while scolding Yoongi, making him more distressed and guilty for not being conscious enough. “Ok that’s enough.” Pleading with the older male you end his volcano vent. Yoongs for the time being stay with him, it won't seem suspicious and your mother would leave soon as well. Considering you have a roommate.” Your raised eyebrows gave him an idea of the upcoming plan you had. “My mom thinks I live alone. That’s what I had told her a year ago before moving in with you.”

Jin face palmed himself. “Min Yoongi, you're such an intelligent man, didn't expect this from you.” Rubbing his shoulder you smiled at him. “You can always come up with a new excuse, you know.” He nods his head still unsure regarding this whole thing. At some point Yoongi even wanted to reveal the truth of your marriage to his mother.

That wasn’t possible, it would break your marriage and he wouldn’t take a risk to end whatever you had built with him throughout these years for the sake of honesty. Honesty is the best policy in his case he found it unreal though. Those lies mended by him were much more appealing then what truth could ever have been.

“If circumstances go out of our hands and your mother is skeptical regarding us, just lie to her that Jin Oppa is my boyfriend.” He rose up from his seat shouting a big “NO” glaring at the male in front of him. Yoongi saw an opponent in front of him rather than a figure of an older brother.

“Cut the slack Yoongi. I'm engaged. Let me remind you again.” Shaking your head you leaned on the wall. Low-key thankful there was no one present around you three. Or it would have been one hell of a topic for them to gossip about. The strong ass couple tag would be ruined in a millisecond.

“Fine, but I’m still not ok with this boyfriend act. I’d make sure she doesn’t meet Y/N again to come up with the fake boyfriend thing.” Yoongi’s nose flared with vexation pulling you closer to him wrapping his hand around your waist. A possessive husband indeed.