13

“Holy hell, this can't be your hotel, right?” I exclaimed, scanning the surroundings for any smaller buildings to inspect.

“Are you sure this is your hotel?” I questioned skeptically as he nodded his head. “Dude, I need a room for the night, not a penthouse for life.” I added with a chuckle at the exaggeration of my words.

His expression saddened me, and I hesitated to follow him. “You don't want to stay at my hotel?” He inquired, his tone tinged with disappointment.

“I wish I could. The stay at your hotel would cost me two months of my salary. Even the food would probably require half a month of my pay. I have to politely decline your offer.” I explained, feeling the weight of financial constraints pressing down on me.

He vigorously shook his head. “Wait, it's not that costly, trust me,” he insisted, his voice earnest.

“Yeah, sure, several hundred thousands of won definitely isn't that costly. I never knew you were a wealthy man.” I remarked, surprised by his revelation.

“Is this generational wealth passed down to you?” I asked, noting the gulp in his throat as he nodded affirmatively.

Damn, no wonder he resorted to this profession. I mean, who wouldn't? Any sane person in their right mind would accept richness rather than striving for the dream path. Oh, how I wish I was one among these rich kids. I mused, reflecting on the allure of wealth and the compromises it often entails.

“Y/N, trust me, we ain't that expensive. And it's almost the holiday season. We are having discounts.” He assured me, his tone earnest as he attempted to dispel my concerns.

Holiday season? Christmas is months away, as are the other festivals. Which holiday season is he referring to? “You're faking this festival season to offer me a cheap price, aren't you?” I questioned skeptically, wary of potential ulterior motives behind the discounted rates.

If it were any other time, I'd gladly pretend to be Cinderella and embrace the rich life. But my circumstances aren't the best right now. Sadly, this Cinderella can't even find her shoe. I lamented, acknowledging the disparity between my current situation and the allure of wealth.

“Why don't you ask the rest of the guests staying for the night if I'm lying or being honest?” He suggested, his suggestion catching me off guard. This man is definitely insane, I thought to myself, bewildered by his proposal.

“Before that, tell me what holiday season you're celebrating?” I inquired, seeking clarification on the discount he mentioned. He smiled, gesturing towards a poster hanging outside the hotel.

“It's the yearly anniversary of our hotel, and we are offering guests discounts.” He explained, his words confirming the legitimacy of the promotion.

Well, that does seem true, I conceded silently, reflecting on the extravagance of the wealthy and their penchant for celebrations. How I wish I had children to provide them with the same opportunities and luxuries that he seemed to enjoy effortlessly.

“What are you thinking, Y/N? Have you decided what to do?” He asked, breaking the silence that had settled between us.

Sighing, I blurted out my innermost thoughts. “How I wish my future kids could live the same life as you are. Sadly, I have no generational wealth to pass onto them.” I confessed, my words tinged with a hint of envy.

His cheeks turned crimson, indicating his embarrassment at my candid admission. “No, no, please don't get the wrong idea. I was talking about myself and my desire to work hard if I ever have any future kids.” I quickly clarified, hoping to dispel any misunderstandings.