chapter seventeen: dragon hunters

Narrator p.o.v

While hiccup and the dragon riders chased after the angel, Dryden found himself inside a cell on a boat he could hear grockles roaring and slamming on the cages while he woke up.

Dryden p.o.v

My head was throbbing and my back was aching it felt like I had fallen from something, and that's when I remembered that I did fall off something ... My dragon "Aaah my head" I groaned to myself, I looked around to see my cell was made from metal and made to hold a dragon I probably could escape through the gaps of the cage but right when that thought came to mind I heard footsteps.

Suddenly that bald man with a moustache appeared the guy somehow smelt me and angel so this guy is a big deal, "so the dragon riders have another member" he stated in a deep gravely voice "well Vigo will be interested in you" the man said chuckling "I don't even know who you are I was just nearby minding my own business" I stated.

"Well then your very unlucky ... You won't have any friends to help you" he mocked as he got closer to my cell, I needed something to buy me time these guys don't look like people who hold prisoners for long, the bald man was about to walk off so it's now or never "HEY!!!" I called and he turned round to face me "you're dragon hunters right," I asked.

"Yes, why'd ya ask," he said turning to face me, "I know an island with some very exotic dragons ... Some bigger than normal and one huge one that would cell for a good chunk of gold" I started crossing my fingers behind my back in the hopes he would fall for it, "hmm sounds interesting fine... Which way is it," he asked and I shrugged "I'd need to see where I'm going if we're still near gronckle island" I explained and I could see the guy's gears in his head-turning.

He nodded to the men and they opened my cell and dragged me by the chains that held me down, when I got outside I automatically knew where I was and now I knew where to go, "ok... So we'll need to just go around this island to keep heading north" I explained and they all chuckled as they began moving but in my head, I was the one laughing.

Hiccup p.o.v

Angel seemed to be almost in a panic as she went so fast that only toothless could keep up with her, I could see the others were a few meters behind us and losing ground but if something happened to Dryden this speed is needed, I did notice we were heading in the general direction of gronckle island and soon the island came into view but all the gronckles were gone.

"Hey... This is kinda weird... Not a single gronckle insight" I heard fishlegs state from behind me, suddenly angel just dived down towards a beach and so toothless followed her and when we got there I knew what had happened, the sand was wrecked and left marks that looked like cages have been here and most importantly there were marks of a boat "dragon hunters" I stated as we landed on the island.

Once we landed I quickly jumped off the back of toothless and started to analyse the makings, "yep... It's Vigo's group" I stated after analysing some of the tools that were left by accident but I noticed something it was a piece of green cloth at first, I didn't pay much attention to it but when toothless started to have more interest in it I also decided to take a closer look.

I picked up the cloth and realised there was an initial stretched into it, 'HH', for a moment I was confused why was my initials on this piece of cloth, that's when I remembered that Dryden was borrowing some of my old clothes and that this must be apart of Dryden clothing, "they must have taken him" I mumbled to myself as the rest finally caught up.

Astrid landed right next to me and she seemed worried "all the gronckles are gone... Not even the babies were left they took everyone" Astrid stated as she flicked her arm to gesture about the whole island, she then looked down at what was in my hand " what's that?" She asked and I let out a sigh knowing Dryden was missing again and this time we probably won't find him by accident.