chapter five: warning before war

Dryden p.o.v

I was worried to think that hiccup and his friends might have met him, if they met my arch nemesis they could be in trouble and now I need to explained this unfortunately I have made enemies with a powerful dragon hunting warlord know as kaan the skull cracker, he's deadly his biggest fleet (and the one that's heading at the island) has over one hundred ships and three flag ships all armed to the teeth with cannons and anti dragon weapons.

I knew angel wanted to defend these dragons and this island not only to protect them and me but also something that lays beneath that should never be released, now kaan the skull cracker is a beast of his own he is huge and hefty with black hair with a long beard but the scariest part of his looks was his armour made of the skin of dead dragons making him hard to bring down.

And here I stand watching his biggest fleet slowly moving closer and closer as I held angel back from fighting "stop look ... This isn't a fight you can win by your self ... We can't win this ... Every dragon needs to fight just please bring them here?" I asked she was hesitant but after I took my mask off she knew she couldn't resist me and so she roared out to the others.

The second she finished roaring I could feel the ground rumble as for the first time in 6 years all the dragon's in the cave system under this island began to move out at once in a militant way, soon the beach I was on was covered by all different types of dragons like monstrous nightmares, deadly nadder's, many gronckles and zipplebacks, thunderdrums and even terrible terrors and as I thought to them I was apart of there hive.

There must be over one thousand dragons here on this beach alone there are plenty more in the forest behind us, "ok step one I want monstrous nightmares and deadly nadder's to start blasting the water with flames" I ordered and angel translated my order and because she was the alpha they did as she told and started heating up the water creating large pillars of steam.

"Then I want every zippleback to start flapping their wings ... Create a current of wind to push the steam out and create a cloak of cover" I ordered and again angel was quick to translate and every zippleback used it's large wingspan to blow the steam upwards.

Hiccup p.o.v

My head was throbbing as I came to consciousness and when I woke I found myself chained to the deck of a war ship and standing Infront of me was this large man probably bigger then my father and looked much more horrible his armour looked like different dragons stitched together.

"Wh ... Where am I and where are my friends" I demanded and the large Viking laugh as his crew of similar looking men swarmed around us the others seamed to just be smaller versions with no home made armour, "your on the battle flag ship the roserade and your friends are all on other ships far away from their pet dragons" a large male said as he walked infront

"What do you want from us?" I asked confused is I lifted my chained hands "you see my clan has been hunting a dangerous dragon ... For over one hundred years ... You see that island" he pointed his hooked hand at the island dryden is on "that is hiding her, I am wanting to find her and kill her but first I need to kill that brat and his white dragon" he mocked his voice dripping with confidence.

I looked over at the island and my heart stopped when I saw some type of smoke coming off from it "Wait ... What have you done ... Did you begin your attack?" I asked this guy started sounding irritated "it's that brat clearly trying to run now ... He's making some smoke to retreat" the Viking shouted to his men who all started laughing.

Dryden p.o.v

Now the smoke was ready it's time to start my plan "now finally every dragon will fly up in the columns of smoke and into the clouds we made .... Then start flying towards the fleet of ships and wait for my whistle" I gave my last order and angel translated it to them and you'd be surprised how determined these dragons are as they didn't hesitate to follow the orders.

While the dragons flew into the smoke using it for cover I turned to angle "nnooww we can join in ... We will start the fight but if it gets sachety then we call the others" I said she looked at me in a way like a mother who just watched her son grow up to kill its first dragon, I climbed onto her back and we both flew up she then fired a shot and flew straight through it and we both became invisible.

Hiccup p.o.v

This is why he attacks all the boats when they get close I doubt he knows they are fishing boats but dryden believes it's a dragon hunting scout boat, "leave him alone what has he done to you anyway" I shouted and the Viking looked at me in an intimidating way "he has killed our fathers and our children we try to get to the island and he kills us" the Viking said moving his Huck under my chin "now if I was you I'd shh..." He stopped talking mid sentence when we all heard a sound it was faint like a screech when suddenly a blue blast was fired hitting a smaller boat to our left the sound was almost like toothless.

"He's here ... Look out and be...." He was stopped again this time the screech was even louder I looked up and suddenly a ball of plasma hit the ship we was on "reveal your self you brat" the Viking called when suddenly he stumbled over as it looked like something hit him and then there was a loud thud suddenly right Infront of me angle and Dryden had appeared out of fin air.

"Ahoy there matey ... I'm here to warn you" but before Dryden could talk five Vikings came running at them axe at the ready, angel started off my spinning around whacking two of them with her tail breaking their axes in the process while Dryden aimed his cross bow at the closest to him and he started quickly tapping his pointing finger and ring finger and his cross bow started firing multiple bolts at a rate I had never seen so he quickly took down three Vikings then the last one met the fate of a plasma shot from angel.

"Now as I was saying kaan skull cracker" Dryden said turning to look at the Viking leader who had recovered from been knocked over "I'm giving you a warning ... Give back hiccup and his friends ... That includes their dragons then leave and maybe you'll lose less men this time around" Dryden warned his mask making him seam emotionless and actually intimidating.

"Hahahah you and what army" kaan said as he walked over to a weapon rack and took hold of a mace "imma crush you then I'll crush your dragons skull" he said and Dryden chuckled "well it's what I expect from ya ... With the name skull crusher ... But I'm not here for that what's your reply yes or no to my option?" Dryden asked and kaan replied by blowing his horn and suddenly the deck was filled with Vikings "I'll take that as a no" Dryden said sounding way too calm for being outnumbered.