I Can't!

TW: Drugs, Alcohol, Mentioned rape, Mentioned child abuse, Denying help, Yelling, Mentioned misgendering, and Mentioned child abandonment
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Ranboo went home after school. Xe said they had stuff to do. Xer mom was clearly high but seemed to be coming down a bit.

"Good afternoon dear! How was school?" Julie asked sweetly.

"School was great mom, how was your day?" Ranboo replied, grabbing a snack.

"My day was lovely dear," Julie said, before directing her attention back to the small tv on the shelf.

"I'm gonna work on my homework, let me know if you need anything," Ranboo said, earning a nod in response. They sat on xer bed behind the curtain and opened their school issued computer.

Around dinner there was a knock on the door.

"Mom? Were you expecting someone?" Ranboo called out.

"No, could you get it? It might be your friends," Julie reasoned.

"Alright," Ranboo said, when xe opened the door they were surprised.

"Erm.. What are you all doing here?" Ranboo asked. In front if xer were Phil, Techno, Tommy, Tubbo, and someone Ranboo didnt recognize.

"Hey mate, is your mom home? This is Eret by the way," Phil introduced.

"Er yeah, why?" Ranboo asked.

"Is she in a good state right now?" Techno asked, raising it's eyebrows.

"Yeah, she's alright now, but why?" Ranboo asked again.

"Me, Tech, and Eret need to talk to her, you three can hang out outside okay? We need privacy," Phil answered.

"Dear? Who is at the door?" Julie said, glancing over from the couch.

"Uh mom, this is Phil, Techno, and Eret, they wanted to talk to you? They are friends of mine," Ranboo explained.

"Oh, come in, please, have a seat," Julie greeted, standing and cleaning off some chairs.

Tommy and Tubbo led Ranboo outside.

"What's this about? What's going on?" Ranboo demanded.

"We aren't supposed to tell you, but we are getting you out of here. For good. Eret is turning 18 soon so they are wanting to take legal guardianship, she's really nice, and he won't judge your gender, Eret uses all pronouns themself!" Tommy explained, Tubbo elbowed him.

"That was supposed to be a secret!" Tubbo exclaimed.

"Oops!" Tommy laughed.

"But.. No.. I cant.. I cant leave her, you know that.. What if.. What if she ods or something..?" Ranboo starting panicking.

"Ranboo it will be sa-" Tubbo started.

"Come on pal! When are you gonna realize how dangerous this place is?! You CANT be here anymore! If she ods id be fine with that. After all shes done to you! After all shes LET happen to you! We cant just watch this happen anymore!" Tommy exploded.

"Tommy I cant! Why cant you just understand that!?" Ranboo shouted, shocking xer friends, Ranboo had NEVER raised they're voice. Ever.

"Guys please, lets just-" Tubbo started.

"Im not leaving her! She needs me! I thought you understood that!" Ranboo continued.

"No! I dont understand that! She WATCHED last week. She WATCHED that man. You have barely slept since! Your never here anyways! Your always at my place, what would change other than some legal documents anyways?!" Tommy yelled. The shouting was too much for Tubbo, who was pushing his hands over his ears and tearing up. He went unnoticed in the heat of the moment.

"Im at your house because were friends, Tommy! She didnt understand what happened last week! She waa drunk and high, that wasnt her fault! A lot would change Tommy! You may not remember your birth home but if you did, youd be the same way! My mother has put everything she has into taking care of me and giving me the best life she can!" Ranboo shouted.

"Your mother has put all she has into DRUGS Ranboo! That was ENTIRELY her fa-" Tommy argued.

"Guys! Just stop! Please!" Tubbo cried out, unable to take it anymore.

"Oh god- Im so sorry Bo, I didnt mean to shout," Ranboo apologized. Now that it was silent, xe could hear sizzling. They hadnt realize xe was crying. Since when were they crying?

"Whats all this shouting about?" Techno asks, walking outside. "You alright Tubbo?" It asks, placing a hand on Tubbo's shoulder, noticing the boys tears.

"I.. Im staying. With mom," Ranboo said confidently.

"No your not. Techno tell xem they're not," Tommy disagreed.

"Im sorry kid, but you cant stay here. Its.. Not safe. Eret and Niki are both really nice, I promise, they'll take really good care of you, they have a nice house too, you'd have your own room," Techno agreed with Tommy.

"W..what about they're parents? What'll they say?" Ranboo asked.

"They were abandoned when they were 12 and 9. They live on their own," Techno explained.

"Oh."

Just then, Eret and Phil came out.

"What'd she say?" Tommy asked.

"She agreed. With conditions. She still wants to see xem sometimes. She also wants to see Niki and Eret's house and talk with them to a greater extent. She also wants a private trial. With no addressing her addictions or anything. I told her it was all fine," Phil explained.

"What do you think about all of this, Ranboo?" Eret asked.

"Im sorry but I just.. I love my mom. She raised me, and she did it well. Shes a great mother and I cant just turn my back on her," Ranboo made excuses.

"Mate, you come to my house injured at least once a week. Shes constantly high or drunk, and she gets violent with you. I get that you love her, thats not a bad thing. But you'll still see her. We can even arrange for that weekly," Phil reasoned carefully.

"Ranboo does she even know your name? She just kept addressing you as "Dear," she didnt say your name once. She also kept misgendering you," Techno added.

"She does know my name! Her brain just gets muddled and foggy sometimes. She only ever hits me when I deserve it. When I dont listen. When im bad. When I sin," Ranboo made up more excuses.

"We'll talk about this later, we've gotta go mate, I gotta pick up Wilbur from his friend's house, you should get inside, its gonna rain soon," Phil sighed.

"See you at school tomorrow!" Tubbo and Tommy waved and then, just like that, they were all gone.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
There you guys go! Enjoy!! Love you kiddos!