50

" Home should be an anchor, a port in a storm, a refuge, a happy place in which to dwell, a place where we are loved and where we can love."

---MARVIN J. ASHTON

       Since then, Aaradhya and Abhinav had started their cohabitation.

In the course of years, the two hardly ever quarreled. They were deeply attached to each other every single day.

The reasons were: Firstly, Aaradhya's character. She always tolerated those she cherished, she basically couldn't get angry with them at all.

Secondly, Abhinav treated Aadhya as his darling. The moment he noticed Aadhya knitting her brows, he immediately knew that something was wrong and promptly corrected that.

Anyway it's story for other time.

Currently, Aaradhya was going out for a dinner with her roommates and told Abhi not to wait for her.

Abhinav nodded his head and told her to be careful. He then asked for the location where they were meeting and told her that he would pick her up later.

As she was afraid of him being tired after full day of meetings at office, Aaradhya simply gave him the address but told him not to pick her up and send a driver to the location.

Aaradhya and her roommates ended up sharing dinner at a beautifully decorated cozy restaurant. During this time, her three roommates teamed up to attack her.

“Why did you move out of the dormitory?”

“Have you been dating recently? Whose that guy?”

“You guys are getting too farfetched,” Aaradhya surrendered. “Eat your supper! Hurry, before it gets cold!”

“While we’re on this topic, what happened to the guy, who proposed to you at the dormitory entrance?”

Aaradhya rolled her eyes helplessly. She didn’t want to join this conversation at all, “Can’t you girls talk about something else?”

“Ohhh, are you afraid that someone will feel jealous ? May we know about him?”

The girls broke out in chatter like young and naive college students and talked until late into the night.

Afterwards, they all agreed to share a cab to dormitory. But, just as Aadhya pulled out her phone to call her driver, a charming voice suddenly called beside her ear, “Aadhya.”

Aaradhya turned around to find Abhinav standing behind them.

“Ah!”

“OMG”

“Professor Abhinav!”

Aaradhya’s three roommates each had a different response.

“Didn’t I tell you not to come?”

“I just want to come” Abhinav said as he placed his arm across her shoulder and said to the three roommates, “I assume I don’t need to introduce myself?”

“No need… No need,” the girls waved their hands.

“In that case, please take good care of Aadhya for me.”

Abhi made his standpoint clear and completely stunned the roommates.

“Haha..Of course!”

“I guess I should take her home now. Do you girls need a lift?”

“That’s not necessary!” the roommates quickly shook their heads.

After all, they still needed some time to gossip. If they didn’t discuss this hot topic into the middle of the night, then they would not be doing Aadhya and Abhinav justice, right?

Aaradhya looked at her roommates helplessly before she left with Abhinav.

The next day...

After walking into the classroom, Aaradhya felt that something wasn't right. Why weren't Keerthi and the others talking?

Looking over at Keerthi and the others, they were all silent with strange expressions on their faces. Aadhya felt danger. This wouldn't work. The more they suppressed, the worse the inevitable explosion would be.

Aaradhya coughed, "If you have something to ask..then ask."

The moment the words landed. Ramya immediately came up and started shaking her. "You were dating Prof. Abhinav and didn't tell us!"

Aaradhya's voice was disrupted by her friend's shaking. "That ...this thing .... I just didn't get a chance to tell you guys ... "

Swetha shouted. "You think we are idiots! Just by the way how you guys were interacting, it's been long, right? "

Aaradhya was unsure whether she should cry or laugh.

Ramya and Swetha stared at each other and waved their hand. "Confess!"

Aaradhya cleared her throat and said,  "It is like this. Two months ago,Mom called me to go back home..."

The both simultaneously yelled, "The important part!"

Aadhya started to slowly gather her memories and narrate. She told how her parents arranged an engagement with her cousin, and meeting Abhinav who turned out to be her cousin, meeting his friends,stalker and moving out with Abhi etc.. Some of the finer points she didn't say. It wasn't that she wanted to hide something, she was just too embarrassed.

But this simplified version was enough to satisfy Ramya and the others.

After clarifying the details. Swetha, "So, the cousin you said last time was Professor Abhinav?"

"Hmm" Aradhya nodded in agreement.

"Wait, Why didn't you seem surprised? You know all these before??" Ramya looked at Keerthi.

Keerthi chuckled and said,"Well, It's her personal thing, so thought it's better to be heard from her."

Ramya and Swetha pointed at Aaradhya and Keerthi, " You both traitors, you better treat us to a meal to atone your crimes."

"Okay, why don't we go out on this weekend," Keerthi surrendered.

"Sorry girls, I won't be free on weekends," Aaradhya said.

"Why, do you have a date with prof. Abhinav," they teased her.

Aaradhya shook her head," I had promised to attend self-defense classes with Abhi."

Aaradhya was loved and cared for by so many people. There were so many of them protecting her. Why would she need to learn self-defense skills?

They probably needed it the most.

However, they could understand Abhinav's concern. Aaradhya was his sweetheart after all. It's acceptable for him wanting to improve Aaradhya's physical fitness.

"Hoo, then let's bunk the class now, it's always the same boring lecture," Keerthi proposed to which the three girls assented with a laugh.

22/05/2022

♡♡♡♡♡

Heyy lovelies .. how's the chapter??

Keep reading..Stay safe..love you all..♥️

See you all in the next update

Thank you all ...💕

___To be continued 🥀