48

"You can deny your feelings all you want pretend you don't feel anything... but your heart knows who you can't stop thinking about... You can never fool your own heart. I would rather suffer for you... suffer for passion than not feel anything at all."

---N. R. Hart

   Abhinav silently tucked her in bed and lowered his head and naturally kissed Aaradhya on her forehead, " Get some rest, I'll be back in a minute."

After Abhinav said this, he turned and walked out of the room. There were still many things waiting for him to do. No one could escape after hurting Aaradhya.

Abhinav assured about Aaradhya's safety for Abhinav, who contacted him after knowing about the incident and made a few phone calls then returned to Aadhya's room.

Abhinav walked into the room and saw Aaradhya frowning in sleep and flushed complexion. He went up and touched her forehead,the touch under his finger tips was hot, she seems to have a fever.

He quickly asked the housekeeper to call their family doctor, Suresh over.

Abhi's tone of voice was still calm, but his brows were slightly wrinkled, and the anxiety in her heart could not be suppressed.

It was late at night, and the villa was brightly lit. The doctor walked in quickly and found Abhinav sitting on the bed, obviously waiting for him for a while.

The doctor took her temperature and injected her with Acetaminophen, to relieve pain and to reduce fever.

"How is she?"

"The fever is a bit severe, it's almost forty degrees. But there are no other symptoms, it's not a big problem. Take some antipyretics and it should be fine tomorrow." After Suresh finished speaking, he looked at him in surprise. "I heard that you weren't in city, how come you are back?"

Abhinav didn't answer his question and looked at Aadhya who's lying on the bed. His little one, who had always been full of vigor and brightness became extremely weak, most of her face was buried in the soft pillow, her eyes were half closed, and her pale cheeks were flushed red.

Abhinav has never seen Aaradhya sick, at least since he met her again, she has always been healthy and lively, as if she had endless energy. Suddenly seeing Aadhya so weak and powerless, he seemed to have been stabbed in the chest by something.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Abhi reached out and touched  Aadhya's cheek and then probed the temperature of her forehead.

Aaradhya, who was half asleep, seemed to sense something and opened her eyes slightly.

She blinked hard, trying to see Abhi's face clearly, but her eyelids became heavier and heavier, and finally she closed her eyes sleepily.

"This is the effect of the antipyretic. It's normal to be drowsy."  Suresh leaned against the door and looked at the person in the bedroom. "You don't have to worry too much."

He had never seen Abhinav care so much about anyone.

"Well, just in case, you can stay here at night, in the guest room."

"No, it's just a small fever, I really don't need to.."Before he could finish speaking, he could not help but touch his nose when he received Abhi's cold eyes, then laughed awkwardly. and swallowed the rest of the words back in his stomach.

"Ok, okay. I'm staying here for one night, you can call me anytime if you have anything." Suresh yawned sleepily and went to the room at the other end of the corridor.

In the bedroom...

Aaradhya was sleeping uneasily, her brows furrowed, fingers clutching at the sheets, haunted by nightmares, the name " Abhi " spilling from between her lips.

Abhinav stepped forward to hold Aaradhya's hand. "Precious, I'm here."

Hearing Abhinav's voice, Aaradhya's struggle gradually decreased and she fell asleep again.

Abhinav took off his coat and hung it aside, his collar was slightly open, took a sofa chair and sat beside the bed to guard Aaradhya. The housekeeper aunty made a late-night snack and brought it in. He ate a couple of bites and put down the spoon.

He rushed over from other side in a hurry. In fact, his body was very tired, but when he saw Aadhya was ill, his heart was messed up and down. Not to mention sleeping, he didn't even have an appetite for eating.

At about two o'clock in the morning, Abhinav took Aaradhya's body temperature again and it had dropped below 38 degrees, and her forehead was no longer so hot. His gloomy face finally got better and he lay down on the sofa.

Early in the morning, when Aaradhya opened her eyes, what she saw was Abhinav's sleeping face. The man fell asleep facing her, no quilt on his body, his black hair fell, his handsome face was a little pale, and there was a faint circle of black and blue under the corners of his eyes.

She hurriedly sat up and wanted to help him cover the quilt, but as soon as she moved. Abhinav woke up. The man's thick long eyelashes were lifted and the black eyes that were not yet awake were somewhat lazy.

"Lie down and don't move." He pressed Aaradhya's arm, sat up by himself, and went to the bedside to take the thermometer. "I'll see if your fever has subsided."

"Should be, I feel good now." Aadhya had a vague impression of what happened last night.

Abhinav put the thermometer aside after making sure that temperature reduced and asked her, "Do you have any other discomforts?"

Aadhya shook her head. Seeing that Abhi ruffled her hair indulgently, "You fresh up first. I'll let aunty make breakfast."

He was about to turn to leave, but was stopped by Aaradhya, who reached out to hug him and said "I missed you."

The hug lasted a bit long. Aaradhya seemed to be making up for the whole week of suffering as if to confirm that it wasn't a dream and her favorite person had returned to her side.

When they sit for breakfast, although Aaradhya didn't have much temper, she was actually very picky with food. She didn't eat coriander, garlic, or anything that had even a slight odour.

What to do if wife was picky with food??

"Being picky isn't good. You can't do that next time." Abhinav lectured her and at the same time implemented the full standards of a good husband, avoiding these items when serving her.

Aaradhya nodded compliantly like an obedient little one, as adorable as she could be.

01/05/2022

♡♡♡♡♡

Heyy lovelies ..I'm back, thank you for waiting

Hope you enjoyed reading it... Comment your thoughts..

Keep reading..Stay safe..love you all..♥️

See you all in the next update

Thank you all ...💕

___To be continued 🥀