Chapter 13: Letting go for Love

(Marinette POV)

I went home, and slept, but of course Adrien, decided pop a visit on the balcony.

We had fun, with movies (Tangled and Encanto)

"I wonder why anyone would even shut you in a tower..." Okay that was bad choice of words especially Infront of Adrien.

"Yah, I wonder who" He muttered angrily.

"Oh, kitty sorry, guess I got 'tangled' up in the moment." I made a pun on purpose to lift his spirit.

"Oh my god, purrincess, you made a pun."

I laughed and played with his hair. I do miss the cat ears though.

.....

"You should go you know; your dad won't be happy"

"He never is, but I don't want to leave you..." He whined cat like – I am still getting used to Adrien Agreste being chat noir.

"I know, and neither do i... But you should go anyway tomorrow is school" I said reluctantly I took my hands from his hair and let him transform.

He jumped out, but he came again hanging upside down.

"What?"

"Where this knights kiss?"

"Really?!"

"Yah...." He smirked

I shook my head and gave him a peck. "That's all you get"

He whined.

"You stole my cookies" I huffed.

"Hey, they were delicious, besides I had to eat something to get the stinky cheese out my head."

I could almost hear Plagg shrieking.

"Either way that's all you get. Shoo" I pushed him out.

He pounced away, as I went to bed.

.....

It was evening, school was great – (Even if lie la's lies were intolerable) – Adrien really stepped up, his cat like romantic behavior, is almost embarrassing. He literally brought 2 bouquets of flowers, and I had to squeeze them in the bag. By the way, the bouquets are ruined, petals were everywhere. So instead he somehow managed to sneak in a bracelet. I couldn't believe it. 

I was baking with my parents when the bell rang, and Nathalie came in.

I was surprised, why did Adrien come now? I mean he just walked me home today and told me can't come today because of a photoshoot, and Chinese at night.

She turned the tablet she carried towards me and it showed Gabriel Agreste's face.

"Miss. Dupain – Cheng. I have heard that you are seeing my son"

I decided not to lie "Yes sir."

He nodded and continued "I'm sorry miss, but you seeing my son is detrimental to the Gabriel brand, I suggest you stop seeing him at once"

I cringed, it felt like I heard this before. Kind of like déjà vu, I guess.

"But I – I love him"

"You don't want me to take him out of school, do you?"

I was shocked, his own father. But I couldn't let him do this to Adrien, seeing his friends were his only happiness. I couldn't take it away, even if I did want him and be with him. It's not possible.

"He – he doesn't deserve this."

"Then you shall choose well" He said, Nathalie turned and walked away.

I fell down crying. My parents came and saw me on the floor crying.

"Oh dear, what happened sweetie?" My mom asked.

"N – nothing mom. I – I gotta go." I went to the room and started crying again.

Tikki hugged my cheek.

"I can't do anything else Tikki, I need to break up with him." I sobbed and washed my face and got ready.

Clash

I heard thunder and the rain flowing down. I got the umbrella Adrien gave me the first time I fell in love with him. I calmed myself to not break down. And headed out in the rain. I rang the bell and warned Nathalie.

"I -I am here for what you asked me" I said quietly.

She opened the gate, and Adrien came out,

"Oh, hey Mari" He waved. "Come in you are gonna catch a cold or something."

I stayed there and collected myself.

"Adrien, I – I don't know how to say this..."

"Say what?" He questioned.

"I – we are just – just not right for each other..."

"But I love you" He winced; his voice full of pain. "Please tell me this is a joke."

I wanted to break down, then and there.

"I don't love you – anymore" And I started crying and ran across the street and went home. I knew I would attract an akuma, so I tried to calm myself down. Tikki helped me. I let all my pain into my hands, blood bleeding. Me and Adrien, were never meant to be. Every time we get together it goes wrong. Like chat blanc, oh no what if it's chat blanc all over again! I can't let it happen, but this was a loose, loose situation. He has to move on. He should, he moved on from ladybug to Kagami, and Kagami to me, so it is easy for him to move on. He – he doesn't need me. He never did.

822 words. Okay this was kind of Chat Blanc reference, so yah. I almost cried writing this. And I feel so broken right.

Yah sorry for this by the way.

Kind of long, but not that long...