28. He misses her

I had no relation with her

I had no relation with her. None. She wasn't my wife, nor was she my girlfriend or even my lover but I felt hurt when she left, yet it couldn't exceed the hurt she felt.

A night of excessive drinking and drowning myself in paperwork, I realised that it was guilt, disguised. After a night of just looking at the only picture of my dead sister, I realised I shouldn't have said those words. I shouldn't have threatened to kill her when she had no part in the death of my little sister.

It's funny how we humans take no time in blaming others. It's funny how my mind chose to listen no one who tried to explain that it wasn't her fault. Cosima never cried, not after the day Reina died. Tears were never visible in her eyes, she was as cold as ice, as cold as me but that day, she cried, a lot.

Zemira was no one to her but she cried for her. She told me she felt as if Reina was once again leaving her all alone. All of us had a deep connection with Reina, even Aillard. We would always play together and struggle with her tantrums but she was loved the most by all of us until that dreadful day.

The day Zemira left, her every word hurt me. From the news that her parents were responsible in the killing of my sister to the time she talked with Cosima. That night, I fully understood the meaning of Robert Frost's poem. That night I was his poem.

______

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
______

That night I was the epitome of Fire and Ice. That night, my world was equally ended by the destruction caused by Desire and Hatred. Initially, I had the desire of killing her which later on changed to the desire of having her back, feeling her lips on mine, her hands in my hair, her forest with an ocean eyes, my grip on her waist. The hatred I had for her because of her parents changed to the hatred towards myself. I hated myself for letting her go and I would do anything to have her back.

I had no relation with her. None. She wasn't my wife, nor was she my girlfriend or even my lover but that night I felt something towards her, something unexplainable.

🕷️

~Flashback~

I was sitting in my office, my mind divided into two parts. One which was concentrated on the work while the other was concentrated on Zemira. Suddenly, my office phone started ringing and I picked it up to check the caller ID. It showed that the call was from one of my hotel in Barcelona. I picked it up when a sweet voice greeted me.

"Sorry to disturb you sir but we have a customer covered in blood who wishes to stay in the Penthouse and even offers to buy the hotel if the Penthouse is not given to her." The lady stuttered indicating that she was scared. The usage of the word 'her' caught me off guard. Ofcourse, our hotel dealt with strangers who came all drenched in blood but they were all men and this was the first time a lady came in this state.