Chapter 6

My mom walked in and sat down on my bed in her night robe. "Honey, what happened?" She rubbed my shoulder as I stared out the window.

"I'm going back, mom. I'm not letting him make this mistake, I know he is gonna regret it." I pulled away from her and walked over to my closet, pulling my clothes out and tossing them on the floor.

"He isn't your responsibility anymore, you shouldn't worry over him." I glared at her as the words came out of her mouth. She sounded so stupid.

"This is Connor. Mom, this is... was my fiancé. I might've left him, but I love him." I grabbed my suitcase, "Give me some alone time." I snapped.

Last time I was packing this suitcase in this room I was pissed at her for giving me to some random guy, but now I was pissed at her for trying to keep me from him. This time Mae isn't going to be rushing over here, I'm rushing to her. I'm not leaving my life behind, I'm finally returning to it. I know that I might just be walking into the biggest heartbreak ever, but I am going home. I didn't realize what home was until Mrs. Jacobs showed up, until I had the chance to return to Connor. I was so mad when I left that I didn't think I would miss him, I thought that I would be fine. I was just running away, I left everything behind when I left. I thought America held all the answers to my problems, but it never did. it never could.

After the short time I spent with Connor I knew nothing could ever feel like home when he was thousands of miles away. It was so hard forgetting the times that we shared, the smiles, kisses, our little dances in the kitchen. Knowing that someone else was in my kitchen or bed with Connor killed me. I never thought that I would love him, I never wanted to love him, every part of me ached to hate him, but I loved him. I left him. I finally had a chance to fix it, to make this mess right again. I wanted it to be better, I wanted to live in my house and not have to worry about any bitch being with Connor. I knew the minute I landed that I would be able to breathe because I could stop them, I could have a chance to have him again.

I slammed the suitcase shut, zipping it as fast as I could. I checked my phone to find a text from Mrs. Jacobs saying that a car would be to get me within the hour. I grinned, but realized there was no way Fairy could go this time. There wouldn't be enough time to alert the airport and get her on the flight. I felt my heart sink. I love my baby, I've never been without her. I sighed and looked at the ceiling, this was something I had to do. I could always get my sweet girl later after I got settled back home. It might take a while to find a place for me to stay while Connor stays infatuated with the bitch. It might even be better for Fairy, she's always so anxious after traveling. I sighed and hugged her to my chest until it was time to say my goodbyes.

****

Although I had absolutely no energy the second the plane touched down I felt like I was receiving caffeine from an IV. I was practically bouncing off the walls of the plane. I knew my best friends, Mae an Alex would be at the airport waiting to welcome me home. Just thinking about seeing them made me so happy tears came to my eyes just thinking about it.

As I pulled my luggage behind me and small talked about the flight with Mrs. Jacobs I was practically running. The moment I spotted them I broke out to a run, I honestly couldn't remember a time I ran so fast. I grabbed Mae and clung to her. "I missed you!" I repeated ten times as she assured me she had missed me just as much an was so glad to have me back. I pulled Alex into a hug, we didn't talk but I could tell he smiled a little brighter afterwards.

Being reunited with the best people in the world, I left Mrs. Jacobs. We all small talked, I couldn't help but to mention Connor.

"Have you guys seen him today?" I wanted to see him. I needed to see him.

"No, but we talked a little. He doesn't know you're here." Alex admitted, "He probably would avoid us if he knew."

"Invite him over tonight, I need to see him." I said, I was so eager just lay eyes on him again. I wonder if he has changed any. Would he have got a new haircut? What if he didn't like black anymore? Would he even be my Connor anymore? I was so worried about all the what-ifs.

"Okay Katey, I'll text him." Mae said, my heart accelerated. Within a minute she said that he said yes and was going to come visit. I was going to see Connor.

****

After ten outfit changes I finally found an outfit that didn't make me look weird. My hands were trembling as I heard a car pull into the driveway. It's him it's him I chanted in my head, it's my Connor.

The front door slowly opened and I heard him call out to Mae and Alex. I gasped at his beautiful voice that I had missed so much. I wanted to run to him, I wanted to hug him so tight and not let go. As much as I wanted to it felt like I was glued to the spot, I couldn't will myself to move. I breathed, trying to calm myself for a few minutes before I could now my legs.

I finally was able to walk, I made my way down the stairs, shaking harder than I did when I first met him. I heard voices wafting from the kitchen. I tiptoed into the kitchen as I caught sight of his black hair. He turned around, his eyes piercing into mine. "Katey." He breathed out.

I covered my mouth, "Connor." I took a step forward to place my hand on his arm. Tears began falling right before he stepped out of my reach.

"No." He spat. "Don't."