Chapter 25

Y/N's POV:

Today was the day of Sarv's party. Ruv and I had stayed up all night, and all morning trying to set up this party for her. We were both determined to make Sarv extremely happy, even at the cost of sleep.

We struggled to set up a few things, but with Ruv's height and ideas, and my reassurance and love, we got the job done. The entire church was decorated, and the tables were set up. The food we bought occupied the pink table, along with some lemonade.

After the decorating, I stood close to Ruv. I held my hands on my hips, and his in his pockets. I looked up to him, and he stared back down at me. I furrowed my brows, and took my hands off of my hips. I wrapped them around his lower torso. He placed his hand on my head, mocking me. I narrowed my eyes, and looked up at him. His eyes held a playful look.

I only sighed, soon letting go of him. I was quite proud of our work. We had spent quite a while planning and preparing for it after all. Ruv hadn't taken his hand off of my head yet, but I didn't mind. His presence was comforting, but his touch was better.

We both heard a high yawn, and shifted our attention to the hallway. Ruv snatched his hand off of my head, and we watched as Sarv entered the room. Before she even reacted, I ran up to her. "Happy Birthday!" I cheered.

She jumped a bit, and placed her hand on her chest, surprised. "Oh! Y/N! You scared me." She huffed. I laughed at her reaction. I didn't expect her to jump. "I know!" I sarcastically responded. She only shook her head, calming down.

She looked past me, to Ruv. "Which one dragged who into this?" She pointed between us. I turned around to Ruv, and shrugged. I didn't remember, and couldn't care less. All that mattered now was that the plan was executed. If anything, we both somewhat dragged each other into this. We were both pretty passionate about this surprise party.

"No matter. Thank you to you both." Sarv bowed her head. I smiled, and waited for Sarv to raise her head again. Once she did, I walked over to the pink table. Sarv followed me with her gaze, only just now seeing the table. I leaned against it, and watched as her expression changed to confusion.

"What exactly is the flavoring of that cake?" Sarv pointed to the single layered cake that rested on the table. Ruv and I both looked at each other, waiting for one of us to tell her. "Red Velvet." Ruv eventually responded. Sarv's confused expression faded, and she eyed the cake. I quietly laughed at her mood change.

Someone suddenly knocked on the door. Ruv rushed to it, and Sarv and I watched as he pulled the door open. Outside, were a few people. Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Whitty, Carol, Zardy, Hex, and Pico were the only ones who had arrived yet. Ruv let them in without a word, and they were greeted with a bright smile from Sarv.

"Another surprise! I didn't expect you to actually get people to come celebrate!" Sarv looked at Ruv, and turned to me after. Visible happiness coated her entire face. Her happiness was toxic, and quickly spread to me. I subconsciously smiled, and crossed my arms. "It wasn't that hard to do. Either way, I was sure at least someone other than us would want to come to a party." I shrugged. Sarv only made a 'hm' noise in response.

A few other guests started arriving, and Sarv also greeted them. Before Ruv and I knew it, Sarv was already getting into her party. It felt nice. She was really enjoying this small party we set up for her. 

"I'm glad she's enjoying this." Ruv walked over to me, and looked out into the small crowd of people." I looked up to him, with a brow raised and a smile. He glared down at me. "I truly am. I may not be able to smile, but that doesn't mean shit." She swatted at my face jokingly. 

Our conversation was interrupted as Whitty approached Ruv. "You two look like a dad and a child playing." Whitty's voice scared me a bit. I wasn't expecting him. He saw me jump a bit, and looked a bit sympathetic. Ruv stopped swatting at my face, and shook Whitty's hand that I hadn't realized was even held out.