Chapter 9

"I'm back!" Sarvente called from around a corner. Her tall form emerged from behind a pink wall. A decently sized box rested in her arms, as she carefully stepped closer to me and Ruv.

"Welcome back Sarv." I responded. She nodded, and gave a cheerful "mhm!" in response. She carefully placed the box down on the dark grass, and immediately tore the box open. Inside, were many gardening tools. 

"Alright! Let's get to work. Ruv, there's some more small potted plants out back, can you bring them over here? Y/N. I need you to dig some small holes, about-" she held her hands up, in a circle. It was about the size of a water bottle's width. "-this big?" She asked.

"Yep!" "Sure." Ruv and I both responded. Sarv handed me a mini shovel, as she grabbed a watering can in the box. She pointed over to a blank area. "You can start digging holes over there. There's about 20 more potted plants." She nervously giggled at the end of her sentence. An expression of surprise placed itself on my face, but it quickly disappeared.

I walked over to the area Sarv had told me to dig up, and stepped over other flowers in the process. Vibrant reds, pink, purple, and blue flowers littered the field, along with pale pinks, oranges, and whites. Sarv seemed to enjoy very calming and welcoming colors. 

I saw Ruv round the corner, with some potted plants in his hands. They were a bit smaller than the width of a water bottle, so the holes I was instructed to dig would work. I looked down at the dark damp soil, and plunged the small shovel into it. I scooped out some dirt, and repeated this process.

Ruv and I continued to do as instructed, while Sarv watered the remaining plants, making sure they stayed alive through the long summer months. Sarvente hummed a light and melodic tune as she watered the flowers. Refilling her can, watering, humming. Refilling her can, etcetera. 

"Hey Y/N.." Sarv called to me. I raised a brow, and stood up from where I was leaned over, shoveling dirt. My face had some dirt scattered around on it from the earth being brought up from its resting spot. 

"Random question, but what's your opinion on Ruv?" She asked. She dropped her watering can on the ground peacefully, making sure no water dripped out of it. I gripped onto the shovel, and held it close to me. I bit my lower lip, and looked down, trying to think.

"Well, to start off." I cut myself off, trying to think of how to word my opinion on him. "All of what I'm about to say is based on what little information I have." I giggled. Sarv nodded to me, with a light laugh. "Understood." She responded.

"He's interesting. He acts as if he doesn't care for much, but I can tell that's a lie. He tries to push people away, in attempts to protect himself. Honestly, its a trait I'd never thought I'd see up close. He just truly wants to keep himself and people close to him safe. It'd be interesting to see how protective he would be around a significant other." I laughed. Sarv raised a brow, and gave a 'hm'.

"Never thought you could analyze someone so closely, when they show so little emotion, and expression barely anything." Sarv chirped. She picked her watering can back up, and tipped it over onto some flowers.

"He's actually expressed a lot around me.." I nervously said. Sarv gasped lightly, and turned to me. She held her hand to her chest, and she looked like she was about to cry tears of joy. I raised a brow, confused as why she reacted the way she did.

"Never mind." She quickly spoke, realizing how dramatic she sounded. She waved her hand in the air, and we both turned back to our work. I heard heavy footsteps from behind me, assuming it was Ruv, I kept digging.

"I've got all of the flowers." Sarv and I turned around to Ruv. Sarvente gave a cheery smile, and dropped her watering can, rushing over to Ruv. She picked up a few potted flowers, and turned to me.