Chapter 5

Y/N's POV:

I laid carefully fixed up against the pillow separating Ruv and Sarv's sides of the bed. I yawned, shutting my eyes in the process. I blinked a few times, trying to get used to the bright line shining through the clean white curtains. I rolled over to Sarv's bedside table, staring at the clock.

8:40 AM. I flung the covers off of myself in a panic. I now lived with Ruv and Sarv, and my whole entire purpose was to help around the church. I bit my lower lip, trying to subside my anxiety and panic. 

I slowly slid my legs off of the bed, and my toes touched the cold wooden floor. I planted my feet, and wobbled. I straightened myself, and started to walk out of the bedroom. The door was locked when I went to open the door. I was surprised it even locked from the outside.

I gulped down some fear, and knocked on the door with my knuckle. I heard a few heel clicks approaching, and I backed away a bit. As I did, the door's handle turned, and opened to reveal Sarvente, already dressed and ready for the day. She smiled down to me, walking to me.

"How did you sleep? Ruv told me he found you awake at 2 this morning." Sarv's voice held concern, and a playful annoyance. He furrowed her eyebrows, and stared down at me with a frown. Even though she has only known me for a day, she's still extremely kind, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

"I slept fine." I responded, wiping my eyes of any leftover sleep. Sarv's frown didn't disappear, and she crossed her arms. She looked like an upset mom, and it made me feel comfortable, and happy. Glad to know she cared about me.

"That's good to hear, but you shouldn't stay up so late! Try and get more sleep next time.." She placed her hand reassuringly on my shoulder. We both exchanged a sweet smile, and Sarv looked down at my clothing.

"You should get dressed. I don't have any specific clothing for you to wear yet, and if you're not comfortable I won't make you." She pointed to my dresser with the first part of her sentence, and near the end, her smile grew sweeter, and she held her hands together, in front of her. 

"Yes Ma'am." I joked. Sarv giggled in response, and walked out of the door, giving me a small wave. I turned my attention away from the door, and over to my dresser. It's pervious dark wooden color was still present, and it looked like it'd never been touched. 

I opened the drawers, one by one, finding a comfortable outfit. I picked out some dark jeans, a bright thinner jacket, and my black shoes. I added a small sparkle shaped silver earring to my ear, and exited the bedroom. 

When I exited the room, Sarvente was waiting in the kitchen, cooking something on the stove. Ruv was sat at the table, waiting for Sarv to finish. "Ah! You made it Y/N. I've made eggs." She scooped the eggs onto the plates, and brought them over to the table, where Ruv already was.

Sarvente sat next to Ruv, and I sat across from her. We all peacefully ate our breakfast, while Sarvente continued to start small conversations, and ask me about myself.

"Hey Y/N?" She chirped. I expected another question, but I'd have to wait and see. I nodded to her, while swallowing some eggs. 

"Would you mind going out to the store for food? One of us needs to go shopping." She stood up, taking her plate and fork with her. She grabbed Ruv's items as well on her way to the sink. She carefully placed them in the sink, almost angelic, if that were even possible.

"Sure. All I'd need is a list." I stuffed the last bit of egg into my mouth, and sat at the table for a bit. Sarv went to say something, but rethought the idea. She dashed off, and a few moments later, she came back with a list in hand, and some money.