Chapter 14

After Sarv had dragged Ruv out of the room, I took the time to watch something to brighten the mood more. I quickly changed the channel to a relatively funny show, and watched that. Some things shown weren't as funny as I would have liked them to be, but there was a wide variety of things. Ranging from children falling, to animals. 

I heard a few pots and pans clang together from the kitchen. I spun my head around, and faced the kitchen, with a confused look on my face. I saw Ruv standing in the doorway of the kitchen, staring into my eyes.

He cleared his throat, and walked a bit closer to me. "Sarv was making something, and wanted us to taste it. She should be done anytime soon." Ruv announced. I gave him a simple nod in response. He held his head low, as he speed walked out of the room. 

I pushed myself off of the couch, reaching for the remote I had left on the side table. I turned off the TV, tossing the remote on the couch. I made my way out of the living room, and into the kitchen. The fresh smell of strawberries, and a hint of caramel entered my nose.

The smell was nice, and it didn't seem too sweet, despite the two smells seeming sugary. As I entered the room, the first thing I noticed was Ruv's disgusted face. His brows were furrowed, and his lips were curled back. I paid a bit too much attention to his facial expression, making me frantically look away blush out of embarrassment. 

I quickly took my seat, turning my attention to Sarv instead, calming myself. Her darting around the cooking area, anxiously trying to get the food ready for the both of us. As she spun and ran around, I could barely see her face. She looked exhausted, yet determined. 

"Here!" She yelled. She spun one last time, and faced me and Ruv, crouching over herself a bit. She held two plates out to us, which held some sort of brownie. It was a light pink color, with bright yellow frosting on it. Small pieces of caramel littered the inside and outside of the brownie. I could also see small pieces of strawberries on it.

Me and Ruv looked to each other. Him with a confused and disgusted look, while I held an interested, and excited look. I turned away from Ruv, but I could still feel his eyes on me. I look in front of me, and Sarv was also looking at me.

The previous and current eye contact made me quickly take a bite out of the brownie. As soon as the food entered my mouth, an explosion of caramel, strawberry, and vanilla filled my mouth. The flavor was amazing, and the texture was also nice. A soft fluffy textures, mixed with the small crunch of the strawberries, and the chewiness of the caramel, made it soft, but not cloud soft.

I looked up at Sarv once more, with a smile on my face, and brownie in my mouth. I went to say it was amazing, but stopped myself, covering my mouth with my hand. I giggled, and so did Sarv. She walked closer to me, waiting for me to try to speak once more.

"It's amazing!" I spoke. I was a bit louder than I intended to be, but that didn't matter. All Sarv needed to know was that the brownie, was delicious. I stuffed the rest of it in my mouth, barely tasting it. The flavor painted a picture in my mind. 

Bright neon and pastel pinks slowly curling around, like water. The white and yellows representing vanilla, were splashed around, dripping on the canvas. The light browns of caramel littered the canvas, creating some contrast. The beautiful picture represented the looks and flavor of the brownie all too well.

Ruv looked at Sarv, and he huffed. "Sarv, you know I don't enjoy sweet foods." He blankly said. Sarv's brows furrowed, and she looked a bit upset. He held her hands together, in front of her legs. She looked down at Ruv's plate, where the brownie still sat, peacefully.

"Ah. Sorry. I guess I just got a bit carried away." Sarv apologized. Ruv looked up at her, and he looked like he was contemplating something. He stared down at the brownie, for long and hard while. He eventually sighed, and pulled the plate back to him. He grabbed a fork, and held it above the brownie.