The Long Night III

"Sacrifice is a part of life. It is supposed to be. It is not something to regret, no, but it is something to aspire to."

--------

꧁~~The Living~~꧂

First, his eye had opened once again. Second, it had stayed open but now unmoving, now stuck in a frozen blue state as Beric Dondaarion's body drops for the last time with a Valyrian Steel dagger to the heart. The Mountain had killed home once, Sandor a second, and a few others the rest of the time. Arya has turned into his seventh and final killer.

"You might not want to watch this."

Arya says as she begins cutting expertly, making Tyene grimace a little and the Hound bewildered as she cuts off Beric Dondaarion's face.

As Evelyn stares at the retreating backside of the Night King, the dead begin to move. Slowly at first before they pick up the pace, snarling and screeching as Evelyn thrusts Dawn forward, hacking and slashing as the dead surround her.

"Come on! Is that all you got!?"

She screams in determination, twirling around and jamming Dawn right through the face of an Unsullied before dancing around and cutting off the head of a Dothraki before jamming her blade forward into the gut of a Dornishman. But as she keeps fighting, it seems like the dead keep stacking up, coming at her faster and harder, making Evelyn work harder and harder to keep up as the rest do the same.

As the dead had been risen outside of the walls, so too were they awakwakened inside the walls. The crypts is one such place. They had thought they were relatively safe from harm down there. Sansa had believed she'd make it out of the battle unscathed, but she was wrong. Oh was she wrong.

The statue of Lyanna Stark was the first one to make any kind trouble. The stone surrounding the place of her burial begins begins crumble and break as the living in the crypt watch in horror as an undead hand sticks up out of its grave. Before anyone can even react, the rest of the graves of the long dead Starks begin to break open.

"Get the children behind us! Form up some kind of line!"

Ellaria shouts as she draws her twin Dragonglass daggers, as a ancient Stark turned Wight busts through his grave, immediately ripping into a young woman as screaming erupts and panic breaks out all around the crypts as it literally has begun to turn into their grave.

As Bran sits and watches on with a blank expression, Theon defends him vigorously. He sparks another flaming arrow, firing it with pinpoint accuracy as the Ironborn around him help defend Bran. But as the dead keep coming, they begin to break through as the Ironborn are picked off one by one, screaming in agony and fear as flesh is torn from their skin, reminding Theon all too much of the hounds and the ancient Valyrian scalpel belonging to the Boltons.

A scream rings out, catching Jon's attention as it doesn't belong to anyone else he knows of. But it's his sister's. Evelyn cries out in pain as a blade of a Wight cuts across her chest, barely cutting through her woven leather armor and chain as she begins to bleed a bit more. Jon rushes through seemingly endless waves of Wights, shouting with determination as he fights tooth and nail to get outside.

Out ahead of him, Wights surround Evelyn as she cuts them down but they just keep coming.

"Evelyn!"