Betrayal of the Obvious Traitor

~~Tywin Lannister~~

Trumpets sounds from the Lannister camp. Inside a tent, Tywin Lannister sharpens his knifes, preparing to skin a deer, while Jaime starts reading the received letter from Ned Stark.

"Summoned to court to answer for the crimes of your bannerman Gregor Clegane, the Mountain" Uh, "Lord Adwin Lannister stands accused of riding with the Mountain on said raids as well. Arrive within the fortnight or be branded an enemy of the Crown."

Jaime chuckles.

"Poor Ned Stark. Brave man, terrible judgment."

"Attacking him was stupid. Lannisters don't act like fools."

Tywin says but clearly knows several who do act like fools. His father, brother and son are clear antagonists for it. Adwin was always the stupid one.

Tywin starts gutting the dear.

"Are you gonna say something clever? Go on, say something clever."

"Catelyn Stark took my brother."

"Why is he still alive?"

"Tyrion?"

"Ned Stark."

Tywin says, continuing to gut the stag.

"One of our men interfered, speared him through the leg before I could finish him."

"Why is he still alive?"

Tywin presses further.

"It wouldn't have been clean."

"Clean..."

He chuckles for a moment and rolls his eyes.

"You spend too much time worrying about what other people think of you."

"I could care less what anyone thinks of me."

"Now that's what you want people to think of you."

"It's the truth."

"When you hear them whispering "Kingslayer" behind your back, doesn't it bother you?"

"Of course it bothers me."

"The lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep. I suppose I should be grateful that your vanity got in the way of your recklessness."

Tywin takes a breath, thinking for a few moments.

"I'm giving you half of our forces. 30,000 men.
You will bring them to Catelyn Stark's girlhood home and remind her that Lannisters pay their debts."

"I didn't realize you placed such a high value on my brother's life."

"He's a Lannister."

Tywin chuckles.

"He might be the lowest next to your uncle, but he's one of us. And every day that he remains a prisoner, the less our name commands respect."