Reborn Through Fire and Blood

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I groan as my eyes flutter open to the sound of people packing things up. I shift a little, seeing a bunch of Dothraki slaves collecting things up and packing them.

I then notice the soft weight on top of me and I blush when I see that it is Daenerys, a soft and relaxed smile on her resting face. I hate having to do this.

"Dany."

I whisper.

"Daenerys, it's time to get up."

She groans as her eyes open before closing, snuggling back into the crook of my neck. Her warm breath on my neck sends tingles down my spine.

"Dany, I would love to lay here with you on these rocks for the rest of my life but we need to get up, okay?"

"Fine."

She grumbles, sitting up and stretching.

"I think we'll be in Vaes Dothrak soon, I would guess."

She says, rubbing her tired eyes.

"And what do we do then?"

I ask and she shrugs.

"I don't know. I thought you were always the one with the plans."

I scoff with a smile.

"I came up with things on the whim, heat of the moment and got lucky. Stupid lucky."

"Well, let's hope that stupid luck prevails again, eh?"

I roll my eyes at her playful smirk as we both get up, preparing to begin the long march towards wherever Vaes Dothrak is.

~~~~~

Massive statues of two stallions rearing up show in the distance and I feel amazement, excitement, and a little bit of nervousness all at once.

Daenerys squeezes my hand a little tighter when she sees them.

"The last time I was here, I was pregnant with a son. This is where Drogo promised me the Iron Throne."

She smiles a sad smile and I squeeze back.

"Someday, Dany, you will have the fucking chair."

"Such rude language."

Daenerys chuckles and I smile as we continue our journey past the horse gates. The idols of what looks like beasts or perhaps local gods line the pathways towards a city of sorts. Sort of a city of a bunch of huts and one massive building in the center.

Vaes Dothrak.

"Hey, Great Khaleesi. Move your ass."

One of Khal Moro's bloodriders nudge Daenerys and I immediately glare at him as we continue walking.

We walk to the domed structure and now I get to see just how tall and large it is. Quite sophisticated for these people.

"Welcome home, Khaeelsi."

Khal Moro states with a smile from his horse. Daenerys looks at the large building which holds the Dosh Khaleen, whatever they may be.

The steps to the temple stand in front of us an Daenerys squeezes my hand as she takes a step but immediately, a bloodrider stops me from moving.