A Brother and Sister Reunited II

~~Daenerys Targaryen~~

"We need to continue the siege..."

She whispers for the umpteenth time, watching the Dothraki loot the battlefield and the remaing Dornish take the Tyrell gold and food.

"Evelyn...it's done."

"No, we need to take this city. When the Unullied get here by tomorrow, they will be more than enough to take the city by themselves."

Evelyn says, nodding her head, looking convinced of her plan. But she is exhausted. I know she can't think clearly right now after what she's been through.

"My love...it's done. We need to bury our dead and return home."

"But-"

"The war can wait until tomorrow. Right now, I need you to be okay. Fuck everyone and anything else, I need you to be okay, Evelyn... I need you."

I say, taking her hands in mine as she looks down at them. My hands are pale and clean but the blood and mud from her torn up gloves and bloodied hands rub off on them. The blood on her face has dried and her hair looks to be in dire need of a washing.

Several.

Her beautiful and sweet violet eyes I fell in love with still hold that spark I see all the time but right now it looks dull. Her expression is blank but I can tell she is trying so hard to hold back all of her emotions.

"The sun is going down. Come on, it's time."

I whisper, taking her hands and leading her forward.

That night, a large pyre of wood stands in waiting. Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal stand nearby along with the Dothraki and Dornish. Evelyn stares at Edric's wrapped body on the pyre, placing her hand on his chest.

Her shoulders shake and she cries as Tyene Sand does the same, crying over the fact that she will never hold her lover in her arms again. It makes me think of how lucky I am to still have Evelyn to hold.

But she is broken apart.

Evelyn sniffles, stepping back and taking my hand tightly in hers. I squeeze back and gaze at her with a comforting look, gently rubbing circles on her hand with my thumb.

"You... You were like a little brother to me, Edric. Aunt Ashara...Rickard..and now you... I wish it did not have to be like this. I wish you were here, had I known you wouldn't have been, I would've tried to make the time I spent with you last a little longer... I'm sorry, little brother."

Tears fall down her cheeks, cutting paths through the dried blood. The fiery red glow from the setting sun casts over the land outside King's Landing.

"I'll see you again in the next life, Edric. I love you..."

Tyene whispers, clutching her mother's side, burying her face in her shoulder while her family tries to console her.

Rhaegal dips his head down, the look displaying on his face makes it seem he knows his mama is in agony and sorrow.

Evelyn breathes out sharply.