Burying a Hatchet

~~Arya Stark~~

The Wild Wolf of Winterfell walks around, silent footsteps clattering on the wood and stone of the floor, slipping past people in the halls like a silent shadow pasted on the wall. Everywhere she walks, people see right through her as if she were a ghost.

And perhaps she is one. Perhaps the last of the Starks are all just ghosts of what they were. Her sisters certainly are in a way. The pretty girl who loved pretty dresses and lemon cakes is no more, but Sansa still likes her dresses so she hasn't changed too much.

Evelyn though has changed quite a bit. There's still a front, a face blocking the darkness that's held deep inside of her. Arya thought she knew Death- what it looked like and how it felt.

But Arya Stark knew nothing of Death in comparison to Evelyn Dayne.

Death has many faces and she's sure Evelyn's seen pretty much all of them. They've both lived similar lives, been through similar hardships and pains. Evelyn fought a real war whilst Arya only ever fought a war within herself, a war that is telling her not to give in.

To tell Death to fuck off and come back when she's ready for it.

And that was her mentality for the longest time. For the longest time after Syrio Forel's murder in King's Landing, the mentality of respecting Death but also telling it off was what allowed herself to survive.

But then there was a boy.

A stupid boy with stupid violet eyes and silver-golden hair. A boy, who saw many things alongside her, remained a joyful pleasant spirit, despite what he went through with her. The Brotherhood Without Banners was kind to them in a way, but justice wasn't served to her when the Hound was allowed to still be breathing breathing this day.

She's long since forgiven Beric for that.

But even though she tried so hard to hold herself up and remain strong, there were moments where the facade cracked and she felt weak and terrible. And the person to fill those cracks of hopelessness was that stupid silver-haired boy from Starfall.

But Edric is dead now. Despite how many times the two of them had told Death, "Not today," it still came for him.

And all because of a girl.

Arya walks a fast yet somehow silent pace through the halls, avoiding as many people as she can as she stalks her target.

The target being Tyene Sand.

The bastard girl from Dorne intrigues her. Though Edric and Arya are around the same age, Tyene must be a couple of years older. Yet despite how different Tyene and Edric were, they loved one another.

Though, those words never fell through to each other.

Tyene Sand walks a fast pace through the halls of Winterfell, thoroughly annoyed by the cold. The Sand Snake does not belong up in the North. She honestly wishes she was part of the attachment sent out back to Dorne to bring up more soldiers but her mother had insisted otherwise, saying something about the Sand Snakes must stick together.

But that isn't the only thing that has been bothering her.

A wolf is stocking the snake. Has been for the last few days. Now, Tyene would consider herself elusive and slick but this girl is just as good, if not, better than Tyene. And that takes some climbing over the tall wall of pride for Tyene to admit that to herself.