XXIX

May 9, 2020 around 7:30 pm - Juls' Work (the coffee shop)

Juls C💗

i'm so sorry, love

we're understaffed

you go and i'll get there asap

love you <3

Luce <3

Juls, we're supposed to be
there now.

Actually earlier, but i said we
couldn't.

i know, i'm sorry

it's really out of my hands

See you there.

Please don't be too late.

~~~

Juls had to stay at the shop until 8pm, since she was alone. She hated that, she was really looking forward to dinner at Lucy's parents'. By 8 she had cleaned everything and basically kicked out the clients. She changed quiclky in the shop's bathroom, checked the underground scheldue, the train she needed was stopped because of an "unexpected accident", which eveyone knows what means. Coppola ran out to take a taxi and at one point she was almost yelling at the cabbie to drive faster.

Finally, she got to the house and rang the bell. Meanwhile, she fixed her hair and clothes, making sure everything was in place. Emma Louise, Lucy's sister, opened the door with a smile.

- Juls! We've been waiting for you! How are you? Come in!- Both entered the dinning room and Juls took a seat next to Lucy.

- I am so sorry. I... I had some problems at the shop.- This wan't her first time meeting Lucy's family, but her parents weren't Juls' biggest fans and these thing were really important for Boynton, so she felt bad for arriving so late. Her girlfriend took her hand and stroke it.

- It's okay, Babe... Thanks for coming.- Lucy said the last sentence whispering.

For the rest of the dinner they talked about casual things. Mostly Emma Loiuse's work, since she was having her first open Sex Talks, she was really proud of that and so was her family. Everything was quite normal and enjoyable. Lastly, they had coffee in the living room. Lucy and Juls' relationship came up as the conversation topic.

- Well, yeah. All relationships require some sacrifise, that's just how it is. But it's not a bad thing; at least I never felt that way. Being with Lucy is just magnific.

- Yes, but being a couple with somebody with a job such as our daughter's is different.- Juls was about to say something, but Lucy spoke first.

- Yeah, I mean... I know becoming official with a woman is quite different to doing it with a man. You whole image changes, even if you don't want it to. And... Well, it's nnot always for the best. Sometimes you find yourself thinking back at that decision, to tell everyone. And you think about it, think about it and think about it. But anyway, it's already done. I think dating a "civilian" is not as easy as dating another actor.- And that hurt a lot. Lucy had never siad anyhting like that to Juls and she felt a knot forming inside her throat, her hands became itchy, her brain was going faster than normal. Of course her face showed a different expression, but no one seemed to notice.