XVIII

January 16th, 2020 around 10pm - Juls' flat

Phoenix came into the fkat rushing themselves while carrying a big box with tulle in it.

- Okay, after driving around the entire city of London, I found it. The weird, and very expensive, tulle you wanted. I love its texture... Juls?- They placed the box on Juls' working table. She was resting her head on the table, with the little pincushion tied to her wrist.- Girl, are you even awake?- They tapped their friend's shoulder and she quickly got up, looking half dead.

- Yeah, yeah. I'm... I'm up... Oh God. Phoenix... This has to be finished by tomorrow, which is in... Less than two hours! I'm definitely not going to finish it. I just made the uh... The thing, the almost dress, but it isn't a dress, because it's just to... That thing.

- Juls, dear, look at me.- Phoenix cupped Juls' face in their hands she looked terrible and terrified.- We are going to finish this dress together, okay?

- But that means that I didn't work as hard... What if she hates it!?- She started to shake and hyperventilate.- Oh my God, Phoenix, what if she hates it and I spent all this time and money on this? What do I give her then?- Then the anxiety tics started.- She's going to hate it and I'll be the worst girlfirend ever...

Phoenix knew what was happening right away, so they stood behind Juls, massaging her shoulders and making white noise.

- Juls, listen to me.- They used a really soft voice, so that their friend could calm down.- It's okay, this is your anxiety speaking and we don't let it win, right? Breath with me, dear.- Coppola nodded and they both started taking deep breaths.- That's it.- Styles turned around Juls' chair so that they were face to face and they crouched down to be on the same level as she was while caressing her hair.- Lucy will love the dress, okay? It's going to look gorgeous. And you? Juls, you are the best girlfriend anyone could ask for. Now, I'll make you a cup of tea and we'll make this dress together even though I don't know shit about sewing.- Both of them giggled.- I'll cut the fabrics and make sure you don't have another meltdown.

After that, both of them cut the fabrics making sure that every detail was perfect. Since Phoenix didn't know about sewing and cutting tulle cam be tricky, they cut the custom fabric. It was beautiful, the colours were perfectly blended and it looked fantastic.

By  12:28 they had finished cutting. Juls started sewing the base of the dress and Styles made a second dinner for them. They made "fried" mushed potatos with cheese, garlic bread as snacks, potato and garlic soup as "main dish" and coffee, to keep them awake; but since black coffee makes Juls' anxiety go wild, Phoenix made her lattes with cute thing on them, to keep her motivated.

- So who's going to the party tonight? It was so sweet of Lucy to invite me.

- Um... Well, Ben and Lucy, of course, they celebarte together... Joe and me, you... The rest of the BoRhap cast, which would be Gwilym, who's bringing Emmet with him, Rami Malek and Allen Leech, I haven't met them. Julia and Ben P. from The Politician are coming as well. Emma Louise, Lucy's sister who I'm really nervous to meet... Who else? Andy Read, Ben's school friend and Tash, I think he said, who is actually Natasha a castmate of his. To sum up, it's going to be packed.

- Who's Emmet? I've heard Lucy and you mention him, but I don't know who he is.

- Oh, he's Gwil's... I think they're already officially boyfriends. Luce and I bet that they'll get married or at least engaged in a year. For real, they're soulmates and Emm's so nice! He's like an angel.

- Aw, that's so sweet! I didn't know Gwil liked men... so we're all gay?- They chuckled.

- Pretty much. Gwil is... Pan, I think. So, yeah, we're all a bunch of queers.

- How faggy. I love it.

- Don't we all? By the way, this midnight meal is so good. You're the best.  

Juls worked all night with no sleep and Phoenix stood by her side. At 8am Juls' phone rang. For her exhausted and anxious head, it sounded as if she was right next to a baffle at a club, but she picked up without even checking who it was. She pput the call on speaker while going on with the dress; it was almost done, but the last part was the most important one.

- Hi, babe. Goog morning!- Lucy's gentle voice came out of the phone and Juls panicked as she realised it was already her birthday, so she had to finish the dress right at that moment.

- Hi, Sprinkles...- She yawned.- Happy twenty-sixth birthday.

- Thanks, Juls. How are you? Do you want to meet up for breakfast?- Phoenix aggressively denied with their head before Juls could answer.

- I'm sorry, I can't... Wha-What about brunch? Is it okay if we meet at twelve for brunch at The Breakfast Club in Soho?- She was fast asleep on the table.

- Yeah, sure. I'll see you there then, loev you.

- Love you more... Bye.- She hung up.

It was about 9am when the dress was all finished and packed (by Phoenix, who loved packing dresses since they worked at a bridal and formal dresses store). Juls went to sleep and got up at 11am to have a shower and get ready for brunch. She had bags under her eyes, but she put make up on and it was unnoticeable. At 11:45 she ttok the underground and went to Soho to meet with her girlfriend.

 At 11:45 she ttok the underground and went to Soho to meet with her girlfriend