"And we're done here" Aria mumbled, walking away from the women, Caroline quickly following, "For a second I forgot about these stupid sympathies, I've completely forgotten the prepared responses I had, guess I'm going to have to make new ones".

"I don't know how you survived this" Caroline said.

"I did this twice" Aria reminded, "I've got practice, as time went on I've learnt that our response will be different to different category of people, there's friends of circumstance, then there's casual acquaintances, and let's not forget loved ones".

"Are we going to get through this?" Caroline asked suddenly.

"I have no idea" Aria admitted.

"I still have you right?" Caroline asked.

Aria looked at her sister, "We are forever" she reminded.

"Don't leave me" Caroline whispered.

"Only if you promise not to leave me" Aria whispered back.

The two sisters stood outside the funeral, hugging each other, the two not needing anyone except each other.

***

"I'm worried about Ri and Caroline" Kol said, entering the Salvatore's kitchen, wearing a black tux and tie, all ready for Liz's funeral, "There's something we're missing, they seem fine, like a bit too fine", Damon didn't say anything just kept looking down at his notepad, making Kol realise that Damon was still not done with Liz's eulogy, "You're still not done?".

"No, I'm not done" Damon retorted, "And I will never be done, I am not a nice person, and I shouldn't have to stand in front of the whole town and pretend to be a nice person", Damon rapidly tapped his pen on the table in frustration, "This is Liz having the last laugh from the great beyond".

"Relax" Kol said, "You need to get over yourself and remember that this eulogy isn't about you, this is about Ri and Caroline, this is about what they need to hear to be okay, to be able live the rest of eternity without their mother by their side".

Damon let Kol's words sink in, he knew this wasn't about him, this was about Aria and Caroline, Damon had to finish this eulogy, not for himself, not for Liz, but for Aria and Caroline, who were relying on him to give their mother a good eulogy.

***

Aria entered the church in which her mother's funeral was being held in, she walked over to her mother's casket and looked at her mother's body, to Aria her mother looked like she was peacefully sleeping, with no stress or doubt on her face.

"Aria?".

Aria turned around after hearing her name, "Noah?".

"Hey" Noah greeted, slowly walking over to the tribrid, "Jo informed me about your mother, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you".

Aria gave Noah a small smile, "It's okay" she whispered, "I didn't really expect you to be there for me".

"I know" Noah said, "But I still wanted to be there".

"Thank you" Aria said, giving Noah a grateful nod.

"How you doing?" Noah asked, concerned for the tribrid.