Ch. 12 Out and About

Start from the beginning

I decided that ignoring his comment would be best.
"Didn't your parents teach you not to stare?"
"Nope. But, They taught me to always go after what I want."

I didn't have to ask what that was. He's made it very clear that it's me he wants and if I tried to play dumb, he'd take the opportunity to say something slick. That would just add onto the awkwardness I was already feeling, so no thanks.

He reached across the table and took my hand before raising it to his lips. Almost immediately, I started to calm down. I love it when he does that. It's the smallest yet the most romantic gesture. Similar to a kiss on the forehead and I think he does it to reassure me.

"You mentioned earlier that this wasn't a date?"
"No."
"Really? It feels a lot like it."
"Well a quick dinner isn't exactly my ideal first date" I was taken aback by his response.
"Oh really. So what is?" I asked.
"Well, I can't tell you that"
"Why not?"
"Because then you wouldn't be impressed when I do take you out." I paused for a moment.

I've been impressed with almost everything he's done so far. So, I'm a little confused at what he's getting at and I didn't wanna push too far. But now, I'm expecting a dinner under the Eiffel tower or something because in my mind, a casual dinner is great for a first date. Or maybe I'm just a little too used to amateur dates.

"And you don't think that putting high expectations in my head isn't going to set me up for disappointment?"
"Not if I live up to those expectations."
"And I'm just supposed to take your word for it?"
"Absolutely." I sighed.
"Dom, I'm fine with just a movie or something."
"No." He responded.
"We have 6 weeks. What are you trying to prove?"
"6 weeks is more than enough time to make you fall in love with me."
I choked on my drink. Say what now?
"What?" I choked out. He didn't say anything, just raised an eyebrow instead.

I didn't know what to say and I'm starting to question if I'll ever get used to his boldness.

He was right though. It's only been two weeks and I feel like I'm halfway there yet somehow tripping over my damn feet at the same time. I couldn't even accuse him of bluffing because he's shown that he's a man of his word. However, that didn't mean I wasn't still hesitant.

"And if you succeed..." I continued.
"Perhaps, you didn't hear me earlier when I said I wasn't leaving." He leaned in closer to the table, and pulled my chair in. Just like the first day we met. I smiled softly.

"sei mio e se qualcuno cerca di toccarti o ferirti, lo ucciderò"
(you're mine, and if anyone tries to touch or hurt you, I'll kill them)
Based on his tone, I knew he was in possessive mode, and like always, I was oddly turned on by it. But, I really wish I knew the rest of what he just said.

He's been using the language barrier to his advantage and somehow I wanted to slap him and kiss him at the same time. It sounded so sexy, but I wish he'd just say it in English, because I wanted to know.

I did nothing but nod and he seemed pleased with my response.
"What does that mean?"

As if on cue, the waitress returned, ready to take our order.

Saved by the damn bell.

The rest of the night, we talked about any and everything. From where we went to school, the sports we played, our favorite foods, and movies. His family's from Sicily. But, He actually grew up in the area where we are, which is in Ostia. He mentioned his parents packed up everything and moved to the city a few years back, but he didn't say why though.

"I heard Sicily's beautiful. The girls and I almost chose there instead of Rome." He laughed.
"What's funny?"
"Nothing. I'm glad you chose Rome instead, because then I wouldn't of met you." He smiled. I felt my cheeks blush.