Thirty

*

Canada 0 Spain 1

Thankfully we hold onto the win and that puts us in good stead to possibly win the tournament.

We've stayed behind after the game and are in the stands watching England and Germany go through their warm ups.

"Patri said you wanted to see me?".

Jenni sits down next to me, "what? No I wanted her to talk to you but I guess your here now so nevermind" I shrug. "So what's up chica?" she asks, "did Patri even give you a hint of what I wanted to say?" I reply and Jenni shakes her head.

"This team seriously needs to learn to communicate better!" I almost shout I'm so frustrated, that Jenni starts laughing at my outburst, "just tell me what you wanted to. This teams communication skills can wait" she smiles.

"Ale told me what happened..." I start and Jenni's face falls, "what did she say exactly?".

"That you told her she's the only one for you and nobody compares to her" I say, "Alexia is fragile, you know that Jenni, she'll crawl right back under those blankets as soon as you do anything she's sees as doing her wrong".

Jenni nods slowly.

"I never mean to do her any harm Lina. It will always be her, she's my saving Grace, the one I always look for in a crowd, the person I always wait for to celebrate with. You know this, you've seen us..." she trails off.

I genuinely feel really sorry for the pair of them, but I can't see this ending any other way than them getting hurt and I tell her this.

"What if I changed, you know I can. I'm staying at Barcelona, not running away to another country or club when things get tough" she references her time in Paris and Madrid, "I know I can be that person for Ale, I just need to her trust me".

I sigh, "how does she know that? How are you going to get her to trust you again after the last time? For heavens sake, you are seeing someone else Jenni!".

I throw my hands up in frustration.

Jenni hangs her head.

"Just treat her right Jenni, that's all I ask ok? Your both my friends and I don't want to see either of you get hurt".

I give her a hug and wipe away the few tears that she's shed, a surprise to me who's only ever seen her cry once or twice.

"I'm going to talk Lena, I'll be back soon".

I make my way down the stairs to where I've spotted the German defender hanging around.

"Lena!".

She turns around and smiles, pulling me into a hug when I reach her, "how are you?" she asks, gesturing to my knee, "I'll be ok. Hoping it's nothing too serious. Don't have much swelling so that's a good sign".

"It is indeed" she says.

"I see we're both on the injury bench..." I hint, "yeah, my ankles playing up. Turns out your girlfriend might have caught me a little harder than I thought" Lena explains.

"Oh dear, I'll have to tell her off about that. So you heard about what happened in then?" I ask and she grins, "how could I not, it was all over social media and caused as much of a sensation as that Sam Kerr Polaroid" she laughs.

"I'm happy for you. You make a really good couple. Helps that you're best friends too".

"Thank you".

"What was that about?" she nods up to the stands where my teammates are, "J&A drama, you don't want to know" I roll my eyes.

"That bad huh?" she asks, "the messiest their relationships ever been I think. J is seeing someone else while professing to love A and her to be the only one. A is struggling to believe her and it's bringing up all the old insecurities A had when J left for Paris and Atletico" I explain.

"Not helped by the fact they got it on the other night so now it's awkward again".

Lena winces, "that's got to be tough. I hope it all works out and without anybody getting hurt anymore" she says, "I'll be lucky".

*

England 3 Germany 1

After a tricky first half where the teams went in level at 1-1, England came out and absolutely dominated the second half, in particular the last ten minutes where Lauren ran them riot.

She is such a key player for them and I'd be very surprised if she didn't make the Euros squad.

The surprise of the evening was Alexia and Millie Bright sharing the Golden Boot, having both scored twice during the tournament.

"Nice of you to let her keep it" I tell Ale once we're back on the bus.

She shrugs, "you know me, don't need those material things" she replies, "always got to be the humble one haven't you" I smile.

*

A/N: sorry for the late update, I was at the football again and will be watching both the UWCL games too.