Twelve

*

Ona's P.O.V.

Even before I open my eyes, I know the monster headache that is making my head throb a million times every second, is going to cause a lot of trouble today.

I feel movement beside me and when I do finally look around, I realise I am not at Millie's.

"Shit".

"Shit is right, go back to sleep Ona".

A hand comes across and hits the duvet, inviting me to shut up.

"Lina?".

I sit up and look at the brunette, "why am I here?" I ask, although my headache should be an indicator, "you got drunk and were somehow on the doorstep when me and Vicky got back" Lina says into the pillow.

She turns over and the most beautiful eyes look back at me.

"Ona?".

I break out of my trance and reach over to grab my phone, seeing I have plenty of missed calls and texts from both Millie and Hannah.

"I think I better go. Where are my clothes?" I ask Lina and she's points to the corner of the room.

"Thanks".

Catalina's P.O.V.

While Ona is changing in the bathroom, I throw on some clothes and head into the kitchen to find Vicky making herself a coffee.

"Good morning chica" she smiles.

"Sleep well?".

I glare at her and she drops the subject, continuing to sip on her drink, "are you taking Ona home or shall I?".

"I can, it's not trouble".

"She did come to see me, I think it's only fair" I add as Vicky looks past me before Ona appears in my view.

The midfielder offers her something to eat, but she declines only asking for a bottle of water, "right, it was nice to see you Ona, even if it was under some odd circumstances" Vicky smiles.

"You too".

I tell Ona to wait by the door and that I'll be right there, "stop stirring" I hiss at my roommate.

"I will do when you actually figure out what's going on between you two" she whispers, "now get her back before Millie calls the police".

*

The drive is not as awkward as I would have imagined and despite the radio being on the silence between us wasn't weird; in fact it was kinda nice.

When I pull up, Millie rushes outside to hug her friend and is asking a million questions by the time I've exited the car.

"How did you even get there?".

"Taxi I think" Ona states.

Millie then looks at me, "thank you for looking after her and bringing her back" she says.