Twenty Three

*

"Who's ready for another Derby Day!!!!".

Keira is full of excitement once again this morning and is making sure the whole training complex knows about it.

"Lucy, would you please tell her to shut it, it's too early".

"Sorry Stanners, she's her own person, doesn't listen to me no matter how much I try" Lucy smirks, earning a scowl from the forward, "it's true Georgia, can't fault her for that".

"Knocking it out the park with that outfit again Lina" Steph smiles, walking in with Vicky.

"Why thank you, I do try my best".

"It's a shame you're not playing today" Vicky says, "we could have done with a goal from you".

I sigh, "me too. I really enjoyed the last derbies I played in but I've been told to rest so got to follow the doctors orders if I want to be fit for internationals".

"As long you're feeling ok to go. Don't feel pressured just because your going to play against us" Lucy says concerned and Steph agrees, "we need you here more so don't push yourself and if you feel like you need to withdraw...".

"I will, promise".

"Good, now that's out the way, Roebuck get the tunes on. It's too solemn for a derby game day!" Keira shouts.

"Lucy, really what did you give her this morning?" I laugh.

"I honestly don't know" she shrugs.

*

catalinaromero22

Liked by stephhoughton2, marisabel_rguez and 31,528 otherscatalinaromero22 🧸

catalinaromero22 🧸

lucybronze girls got game 🔥
- catalinaromero22 wouldn't want to let you down now, would I?
stanwaygeorgia 🤩
leilaouahabi pretttyyyy 💗
marialeonn16 ❤️‍🔥

*

God this game is tight and it's only the first half.

It might be the most nervous I've been for a game since the Champions League final, "stop worrying" Steph reads my mind, "you can't tell me you aren't though" I reply and she smiles.

"Of course I'm worried but we aren't on the pitch, we can't change the game even if we wanted too" she explains.

We watch as Lucy muscles her way past Hannah Blundell, the defender getting a cross in for Ellen who's arriving... but she head over.