Twenty Nine

*

Jorge is making me sit out the Canada game with my knee still playing up, not helped by mine and Patri's escapades the other night.

So today I'm playing the role of the supportive girlfriend and teammate.

"How are you feeling?" Alexia asks, sitting down to breakfast, "I'm ok, knees still a little sore but hoping when I go back to City I'll be ready for the final. I don't mind missing the derby as long as I'm fit for the that" I say.

"Did I hear you and Patri the other night?".

I blush, looking around the room but thankfully it's only me and Ale in here, "yes, Patri was very riled up after the stadium" I smile.

"I can imagine" Alexia replies, "me and Jenni were arguing, but then we might have got caught up in things too" she blushes.

"Ale! I thought you ended that?".

She sighs, "she said she loved me, pretty much that I was the only one, that I don't compare etc" the midfielder explains, "and you trusted her word enough to let her do that?".

"Well when you put it like that".

I frown at her, reaching across to take hold of her hand.

"Ale, you're a grown woman who can make her own decisions and doesn't need anyone to tell her what to do. However, please listen to this from a teammate and most importantly a friend, who's coming from a place of love, that I don't think this type of love isn't good for you" I explain.

"You're right" she nods, "I need to be more careful".

"Focus on your football and if your heart really wants this, then everything will fall into place around it".

The rest of the team slowly trickles in and Patri's eyes light up when she sees, she jogs over and pulls me into a hug, kissing the top of my head.

"Good morning princesa".

"Good morning mi amor".

She sits next to me, "did you sleep well?" I ask

"Like a baby".

I lean in so Alexia can't hear me, "listen, I know you're rooming with Jenni so would you mind bringing up the situation with Alexia to her again. I'm not sure this is healthy for either of them despite what Jenni says and I need another's opinion" I explain.

"Sure, princesa. Anything for you" she smiles.

"See? Totally whipped" Mapi appears out of nowhere, "and what about you and Ingrid?" Patri throws back, "don't tell me she hasn't got you wrapped around her little finger as I suspect".

Mapi blushes, "shut up Patri".

"Since when have they been a thing?" I whisper, "I thought she was still with Ana?".

Patri smirks, "oh probably since the beginning of the year, flirting right under Ana's nose as well" she explains and I drop my head to my hands, "why does it seem that now I'm locked in, I need to fix everyone's relationships?" I ask.

"Because you're just so good at it, I mean you fixed ours didn't you and look how we turned out".

*

lucybronze
How's your knee kiddo?

catalinaromero22
still a bit sore, going to miss todays game