Two

*

Catalina's P.O.V.

It's been just over a month since me and Vicky left for Manchester and I still haven't had any word from Patri.

I understand her being upset at my leaving but she's my best friend and I would have thought, out of all the people, she would have been the happiest for me.

Training is going well and I think I've fitted in well, plus the girls I've met are absolutely lovely.

Vicky has been helping me with my English, I know some but not a lot so she has been a godsend and especially with some of the accents on the team; speaking of which, we're meeting the players who were in Japan with Team GB today.

"Lina's let's go!".

"Ok!".

I grab my things and head out the door, posting a quick picture to Instagram as I do.

catalinaromero22

Liked by losada_vicky, alexgreenwood3 and 1,765 otherscatalinaromero22: ready to meet the rest of the team 💙

catalinaromero22: ready to meet the rest of the team 💙

tagged - losada_vicky

stephhoughton2 see you soon!
alexgreenwood3 💙
alexiaputellas miss you x
- catalinaromero22 miss you too Ale x
- jennihermoso what about me?
- catalinaromero22 how could I forget about you 😘
jennihermoso 🔥
- catalinaromero22 ❤️
leilaouahabi just so you know, Ale let me have your locker 😏
- catalinaromero22 anything to do with being near Mapi?
- leilaouahabi you know it 😘
ona.battle need to catch up soon
- catalinaromero22 definitely!

*

"Was that Ona I saw comment on your post?".

I smile, "yeh, it's been a long time since I saw her, ok well only a month or so it's camp but still".

Vicky laughs.

"Ok, now we're switching to English..." she says and I groan, "you need to learn, you know how you struggled with Alex's accent the first week" Vicky pushes.

"Fine".

"Steph and Jill both have strong accents and Georgia can be hard to understand" she explains, "ok, but where are we going?".

"Jill has a coffee shop with her partner, so we're meeting everybody there".

Vicky looks across at me, "what's up? I thought you were excited to meet everyone?" she asks, "I am... it's just hard getting used to being away from everyone".

"By everyone, you mean Patri?".

"She hasn't messaged me once V" I sigh, "she's my best friend and I thought she would have been more... how do you say it, be excited for me".

The midfielder frowns at my Spanish and then smiles, "I know she is and I think she's probably finding this transition as difficult as you are" she explains.

"But because we're nearly there, I want you to be happy Lina ok?".

"Ok".

*

"So how does it feel knowing people are tipping you to be the next Queen of Barcelona?".

"Qué?".

I look at Vicky confused but she just smiles, "Alexia is La Reina and Georgia was asking how you feel about people calling you the next one after Ale".

"Oh. Well I'm honoured but there's plenty of good players in Spain, not just at Barca" I reply.

I've been hearing about this La Reina talk for a while now but truly don't believe I could be the next one after Ale, especially since I'm no longer at Barcelona.

"Was it my accent that confused you?" Georgia asks.

"A little".

From my left I hear a laugh, "god knows how you managed with Alex" Ellie smiles.

"I don't know how she did it either" Vicky chimes in, "oh thank you for having no faith in me" I retort and pretty much everyone around me laughs, even if it's only a little.

I think I'm going to like it here.

*

"So, how was today? Was everybody nice?" Alexia asks.

"Everybody was lovely. I'm yet meet Alanna, Hayley and Janine because they're still at the Olympics" I explain.

"Who's that?".

Jenni's voice rings out in the background, "Lina" Ale says and the next minute, the phone is taken out of her grasp and Jenni's face appears.

"Lina!! My favourite girl, how are you?".

"I'm good thank you Jenni. You?".

She smiles, "I'm gooood! That picture you put on earlier... mwah" she makes a perfection gesture through the screen.

"Thank you. Anything for my fans" I laugh, "how's Patri?".

"Ah yes, the best friend left behind... I'll let Alexia explain" Jenni hands the phone back to Alexia.

"How is she Ale?".

"She's not doing great. Gone back home now the seasons finished and we don't have any games with the national team. Been very quiet, not really had much communication with her".

"I just want to know she's ok with this. We've spent so much time together and I understand her being upset that I moved but I needed something new" I sigh.

Alexia nods, "she will be, you just need to give her time. How's Manchester?".

"Definitely not as hot as Barca" I laugh.

"Just you wait until it's raining all the time, see how much fun you have then".

Alexia's P.O.V.

"Just you wait until it's raining all the time, see how much fun you have then".

Lina laughs, "thanks for reminding me Ale".

"Alright I better go, Vicky's just made dinner. Sending all my love to you and Jenni" she says, "right back at you, chica" Jenni says over my shoulder.

Lina ends the FaceTime and I throw my phone on the sofa, "missing her?".

"Very much so".

Jenni smiles, "now you sound like Patri".

*