11

"Where did you go?" Lily asked.

"Why did you leave your phone?" Adam asked.

"Who was that boy?" Mother asked.

"You dumbass." Coco said.

I only shrugged in response to their questions, but held in a laugh from what Coco said. Mason was also here, but didn't mutter a word. I'd occasionally look at him while everyone was lecturing me. Mason would always stare back, but neither of us said a word.

"Are you listening to us?" My mom snapped.

I shrugged again. That's all I've done since I got home, I didn't talk to anyone, I shrugged.

"Mason, you talk to her." Adam said, frustrated.

"No." Mason replied, his eyes still on me.

I knew we would talk later the way he looked at me.  Adam let me go after everyone, except Mason, took an hour of lecturing. After they finished, I went up to my room and took a shower with out a word coming out of my mouth. If I said anything to them today they might murder me. Tomorrow, I have a better chance of living.

When I got out of the shower, I had a message from Coco, Lily, and another from Brandon. I got dressed into my pajamas and laid down in my bed before answering them.

Coco

You're not very smart, shoulda said something babe

Ivy

Didn't wanna add fuel to the fire

Lily

Don't do that ever again :/

Ivy

No promises

Brandon

Get in trouble?

Ivy

Yep, it was worth it tho. We should do it again.

Brandon

Next weekend

"Texting your lover?" Mason asked, crawling through my window.

"You didn't get a text, so no I'm not." I replied.

"I meant Brandon."

"Oo, are you jealous?"

"I'm not jealous when I can do whatever I want to you without having to ask."

"Atleast he's nice."

"You don't like nice. The last time you had nice you were tricked, I'm not stupid."

"I don't want to talk about that."

"Then let's talk about where you went."

"Easy, I went and got drunk. Did small stupid stuff, nothing major."

"Where did you stay?"

"At Brandon's house."

Mason's jaw clenched. I sighed and walked over to him. I wrapped his arms around my waist and laid my head on his chest.

"We didn't do anything, I promise." I said.

I felt Mason relax. I don't know why I felt the need to make sure he knew that I didn't sleep with Brandon. It's a stupid feeling. I don't want to like Mason because I'm just going to be heartbroken at the end of the year and he won't... because boys are emotionless. Stupid and emotionless.