8

Mason urged me to go on. I'm only telling him because I trust him.

"Well, I was first friends with Valerie, hard to believe, but we were best friends. Ingrid, Ashton's sister, had been in our grade and moved here. Valerie being the good person she was at the time, accepted her. Ingrid introduced us to her brother who was only a year older than us. Said all the right things, did all the right things..." I trailed off.

"Valerie had dibs on him from the get-go. So I let her have him, wasn't really interested in the first place. He rejected Valerie, he was interested in me. I had tried to explain to Valerie I wasn't interested in Ashton and she should try again. Lily and Coco even urged her to try again. Valerie was just pissed off, she blamed me and turned her back on us. Ingrid then started to feed her lies, that's why she doesn't like me anymore."

Mason listened as I explained my terrible fall out. Why am I telling him again? Because you trust him and have feelings for him.

"Ingrid tried to even get Lily and Coco against me. It didn't work. So she tried to seduce Mikey, who laughed in her face. Ashton began coming around Lily, Coco, and I even more, since he and Mikey were friends. Lily was the first to fall, then me. Somehow, he kept it a secret from both of us. We both talked about him, just never mentioned his name. We were such idiots."

"He had sex with Lily then dumped her into the trash. I didn't even care, so we got into a huge fist fight over him, Coco had to seperate us. We hated each other for the longest time.Lily had tried to warn me. We then had sex, but he didn't dump me to the garbage. I felt... special... I was so oblivious. Lily approved when we made up and I told her we were dating. My family approved."

"So I started going to parties with him, came home late," I laughed, "Yep, with more than one hickey. He then started getting controlling and hit me once, so I said fuck him and broke up with him. But he apologized and I wasn't thinking, so we tried again. He made me so angry, so I would kiss his friends to make him as angry as I was."

"I finally broke it off with him again. He blew up my phone, called the school, called my friends... So I finally said, if you leave everyone alone, I'll do one last thing with you. For some reason, he wanted me to go to a party with him. I agreed and that's when I overdosed on drugs and got extremely drunk. I was in the hospital for a month, I was sent to a rehab center even though I wasn't an addict. After I came home, I became an addict. But I'm fine now. He left me alone for about two years."

Mason took a minute to let it all in.

"Wow. I'm sorry you had to go through that..." Mason said.

"It's fine. It just made my friendships stronger and I realized which friendship was fake." I replied.

"So what're you going to do now?"

"I don't know... You might want to turn your phone off because I'm probably going to break up with him."

"I guess that's best."

I pecked him on the cheek and got up. I unlocked the door and returned to the gym, where I searched for Ashton, Mason behind me. Once I found him, I walked up to him. Ingrid came out from behind him.

"And who is this?" Ingrid asked, walking up to Mason.

I clenched my teeth, "Get away from him, Ingrid."

"Why? You're dating Ashton anyways."

"Actually, I'm here to break up with Ashton. Bye, Ashton and Ingrid." I shoved them away from me.

Ashton kept walking, meanwhile Ingrid came back.

"You don't deserve him anyways, slut." Ingrid said.